By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs Forza 3 Sceenshot Comparison... Can You Tell The Diffrence?

selnor said:
BBH said:

Let this die.

And GT5p didn't have any glitches even comparable to those.

And Forza does not have the best physics at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1EEZe-Eqto

Explain to me how these physics aren't near perfect? They image real life, lol.

Top Gear ripped apart GT for physics. Mainly having a professional say the braking and accelerating were not real life. In fact saying whilst drivng a real car " If I did what I did in GT then, I'd be in the wall".

Glitches wise. I'm not gonna go to your level. Glitches are glitches. ( GT5P had many as well ). 

But it's proven across all sim racing websites Forza AT THE MOMENT is king of physics.

Top Gear also said it was the best in its time, and this was GT4 they used.

And Forza would be just as bad, if not worse.

Selnor, just look at the video.

What more do you want?

That's flawless.

Both cars move the same

Both drivers move the same

It's almost real life.

I don't care what SIM people say.

Look at the video

You can't argue against the video.

Around the Network
BBH said:
selnor said:
BBH said:

Let this die.

Top Gear ripped apart GT for physics. Mainly having a professional say the braking and accelerating were not real life. In fact saying whilst drivng a real car " If I did what I did in GT then, I'd be in the wall".

Glitches wise. I'm not gonna go to your level. Glitches are glitches. ( GT5P had many as well ). 

But it's proven across all sim racing websites Forza AT THE MOMENT is king of physics.

Top Gear also said it was the best in its time, and this was GT4 they used.

And Forza would be just as bad, if not worse.

Selnor, just look at the video.

What more do you want?

That's flawless.

Both cars move the same

Both drivers move the same

It's almost real life.

I don't care what SIM people say.

Look at the video

You can't argue against the video.

LOL. You do know how thats done right?

There is nothing false about that video, at all.

The guy who made it isn't some fanboy or whatever - he's a typical bloke showing off his driving skills - and he is a beast of a driver.

Same Car, same track, same times, same movements, same speeds.

That's realism.

BBH said:

There is nothing false about that video, at all.

The guy who made it isn't some fanboy or whatever - he's a typical bloke showing off his driving skills - and he is a beast of a driver.

Same Car, same track, same times, same movements, same speeds.

That's realism.

I'll let you in on a little secret it's called time marrying. 

The serious F1 guys are playing RFactor. And timing themsleves against Pros like Alonso etc. 

The closest anyone has got is 1.2 secs away from Alonsos time on silverstone. With exactly the same setup as Alonso and the much much better physics at 560hertz on Rfactor as opposed to 120hertz on GT5P.

This is an F1 car. braking 3 metres later or earlier can affect a laptime by as much as .2 of a second. 

GT5P is certainly not more real than Rfactor in anyway. The fact that the video of GT5P is identical on lap is the first problem for reality. To be as good as the pros even on a sim is nigh on impossible when just touching the throttle slightly wrong or hitting a white line in an F1 car will see you spin. But then touching a white line certainly isnt simulated in GT or Forza. 

The fact that Rfactor videos show noone under a sec close to the pros and GT5P's is dead on shows the lack of reality. Not the other way around.

Trying to discus anything with selnor is pointless, no matter how much proof you serve him right under the nose he'll ignore it and go on with something else. Really just ignore him.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
BBH said:

Let this die.

Similar time, but the lines are so different. The F1 performance on the game seems weaker than the real car.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

aragod said:

Trying to discus anything with selnor is pointless, no matter how much proof you serve him right under the nose he'll ignore it and go on with something else. Really just ignore him.

*Thumbs up*

The video BBH posted is like he said, realism imo x).

darklich13 said:
BBH said:

Let this die.

Similar time, but the lines are so different. The F1 performance on the game seems weaker than the real car.

Quite odd that you commented that way. Exact carbon copy of a comment in the video, down to each word. I guess people aren't having the trouble to even create their own replies  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darklich13 said:
BBH said:

Let this die.

Quite odd that you commented that way. Exact carbon copy of a comment in the video, down to each word. I guess people aren't having the trouble to even create their own replies  

LOL

^ Lol. Just noticed that.

Basically I know the video doesn't mean GT is equal to real life, and driving for real is always going to be different, nomatter how much, compared to driving in real life.

But, it does show just how realistic GT is, and this realism is by far good enough for sim racing fans.

Surely, even you Selnor can realise that GT is lightyears ahead of all these random games you keep on promoting - like F1 2010, like NFS Shift. Sure, great fun games - but why do you have to keep on bringing up 'facts' noone has ever heard about to makes these games sound more realistic in GT - when they even get the basics wrong.

For example, you talked a lot about F3's tyre deformation, when in that same game on the most realistic settings you could swirve from on side of the track to the other at 150mph without hassle, in a standard car.

For example, you talked about how realistic the tyre system in F1 2010 is - but it is at its heart an arcade game (which I will love btw)

I'm not a huge PS fan, I just hate misinformation and your hate. Even here, you talked about how Top Gear 'ripped apart' GT physics - trying to make GT look bad...even though the game you were talking about was years old on the PS2 when the discussion is about the present.

I'm actually, being serious here, 90% confident you work for MS. C'mon, MS employees have a history of bashing Sonys big racer. Even look at Kinect - you, the hardcore gamer - are painting the picture of you and your kids playing it for joy. You talk about your wife loving it etc.

Basically, you are one hell of a marketing machine lol. People see right through it and I'm only gona reply to you from now on when you have something legit to say.