By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If your console manufacture could purchase one developer, who would it be?

kingrybo1986 said:
microsoft:IW or the makers of bayonetta i cant remember their name :(!!!!!!
sony:square
nintendo:rare

IW is quickly going to become a non-factor. This case against west and zampella is going to lead to the dissolution of the whole group, i bet.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Nintendo: Square

I'd say RARE, however, I feel that all the good developers left RARE.

Square did make the best three non-pokemon jrpgs of all time!(FF4, FF6, and Chrono Trigger)

And hey! All on a Nintendo console~ x)

Sony should buy square enix imo

mM

Sony: Bioware, Squenix, Insomniac, Quantic Dream, Ubisoft Montreal, DICE, IW

I can dream

indodude said:

Sony: Bioware, Squenix, Insomniac, Quantic Dream, Ubisoft Montreal, DICE, IW

I can dream

lol... what movie is that in your sig?

Sony - Kojima

Around the Network

Sony -> BIOWARE and Square-ENIX

darthdevidem01 said:
Square-eNix -- Sony

well 8% down 43% to go or so :P

Sony - Atlus

Here are some realistic ideas that I would love to happen and actually could happen, but still aren't very likely to happen (sadly):

Sony: From Software. Being incorporated into Sony's forum of first party developers would probably help them out on the tech side of things, which would help Demon's Souls overcome its one real issue - massive framerate dips. Under Sony they'd also be able to give Armored Core the love it deserves. I honestly feel that the Armored Core series just needs a bit more polish with every iteration, and that a little extra effort (in both polishing up performance and playtesting the game) could help the franchise break out of its tiny niche.

Nintendo: Mistwalker. I know this is a pretty new relationship for Nintendo, but I would love to see Mistwalker fully welcomed into the fold of Nintendo's first party efforts and given a dedicated development team to call their own. Sakaguchi's brains and Nintendo's brawn (and funding!) could lead to absolutely amazing things, especially if Miyamoto sticks his head in every now and then.

makingmusic476 said:
Here are some realistic ideas that I would love to happen and actually could happen, but still aren't very likely to happen (sadly):

Sony: From Software. Being incorporated into Sony's forum of first party developers would probably help them out on the tech side of things, which would help Demon's Souls overcome its one real issue - massive framerate dips. Under Sony they'd also be able to give Armored Core the love it deserves. I honestly feel that the Armored Core series just needs a bit more polish with every iteration, and that a little extra effort (in both polishing up performance and playtesting the game) could help the franchise break out of its tiny niche.

Nintendo: Mistwalker. I know this is a pretty new relationship for Nintendo, but I would love to see Mistwalker fully welcomed into the fold of Nintendo's first party efforts and given a dedicated development team to call their own. Sakaguchi's brains and Nintendo's brawn (and funding!) could lead to absolutely amazing things, especially if Miyamoto sticks his head in every now and then.

I was all ready to pounce on this... but these actually kinda make sense!  I can really see it actually.

Another thing with FROM is that Sony would reacquire Tenchu, which would be a nice gesture too.  I kinda wonder how Mistwalker's RPGs would work though, if Nintendo would be able to manage full rights to Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey?  Nintendo gave up the Rare IPs without a fight, but I'm not sure if Microsoft would return the favor?