By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Microsoft solidified themselves as a gaming giant equal to Sony?

Have Microsoft solidified themselves as a gaming giant equal to Sony?

Damn right J man 144 25.81%

They are getting there 170 30.47%

They arent even close 117 20.97%

Hell to the No 92 16.49%

Silver>Gold 35 6.27%

Total:558

The answer is obviously yes it is currently just as big of a brand as Playstation is. Look at the front page of this site. The 360 is still 6 million units ahead of PS3. Thats a pretty significant amount tbh.

In terms of LIFETIME, no the Xbox brand hasn't done the amount of things that Sony has but then again it also hasn't been around near as long.

Fact is despite what certain members of this site will tell you, the 360 has really put a hurting on the Playstation brand, just compare the sales of PS2 vs the Original Xbox. A lot of posters on here like to completely ignore everything thats happened this gen because since the Slim launch the PS3 has outsold the 360. What they fail to realize is just how much market share Sony has lost and how much MS has gained.

Around the Network
Hus said:
yo_john117 said:
Hus said:
yo_john117 said:

The trolling is quite strong in this thread.  But yeah they are pretty equal now between the PS3 and 360.

LoL the hypocrisy of that is priceless.

Look at my sig to see why your post is a failure.

Why edit, got a pair?

I edited it before you quoted me because I realized it wasn't constructive to the thread.

BenVTrigger said:
The answer is obviously yes it is currently just as big of a brand as Playstation is. Look at the front page of this site. The 360 is still 6 million units ahead of PS3. Thats a pretty significant amount tbh.

In terms of LIFETIME, no the Xbox brand hasn't done the amount of things that Sony has but then again it also hasn't been around near as long.

Fact is despite what certain members of this site will tell you, the 360 has really put a hurting on the Playstation brand, just compare the sales of PS2 vs the Original Xbox. A lot of posters on here like to completely ignore everything thats happened this gen because since the Slim launch the PS3 has outsold the 360. What they fail to realize is just how much market share Sony has lost and how much MS has gained.

No MS hasbn't done that.sony did that to themselves. X360 just happened to be the OTHER console.if sony is smart next generation Xbox brand will be back to what it was in Xbox original era.

Just because Giants won the Superbowl against Patriots, dosent mean they're just a good of a franchise. Or just because the Saints won the superbowl against the Colts, dosent make them as good of a franchise.

You cant just put them against eachother for this small of a timeframe and go "yeah, they've reached the same status".

But that dosent mean that they're not a good team, but just that you cant reduce the 15 years or Sony gaming track record in just one go.

And i dont really see any arguments to why they've reached the same level. Dont even know why i even bother trying to post resonable posts in this infected pool.

Not quite yet. Outside of NA and UK, the PS3 beats them everywhere else.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
Carl2291 said:

The top 2 selling GT games have sold more than the top 3 selling Halo games. (Or did last time i had the GT vs Halo debate)

Car makers ASK to be in Gran Turismo, and have Polyphony Digital actually design some stuff for them.

Gran Turismo has been on TV a lot. There has even been the "Gran Turismo Awards".

GT is a way bigger brand name than Halo.

The top selling Mario Kart has sold more relatively speaking than GT3 than GT3 has to relative to Halo 3 (If not will be soon).

what does mario kart have to do with the thread.. -_-

mM
SpartanFX said:
BenVTrigger said:

No MS hasbn't done that.sony did that to themselves. X360 just happened to be the OTHER console.if sony is smart next generation Xbox brand will be back to what it was in Xbox original era.

Do you honestly believe that?  Because I find that VERY hard to believe.  While Sony has done a great deal of damage to themselves to give MS and the Xbox zero credit for that is just false.  Plain and simple.  The fact is that the Xbox has gotten the games that people wanted and for a cheaper price than the PS3 for 90% the same library.  PS3 has had some simply fantastic exclusives but then again so has the Xbox.  I love Sony but honestly I just feel that they got waaaaay too conceded coming into this generation and Xbox stepped up their game big time to be competitive.  While I certainly feel Sony have seen that they made some big errors and learned from them and are on the right track now I don't think theres a chance that Sony will be able to do next gen what they did with the PS2.  Microsoft has become an absolute MONSTER in NA and that is a truly significant market and without it Sony will never be able to dominate the Xbox brand like it did last gen. 

US - yes

everywhere else - nowhere close to it.

and XBox has still not done that "something big" that Sony did when they introduced with 3D gaming on PS1.It is still know as another system with great games.

Natal can do it for them but nobody know's

For me personally I think they are equal.

I think both system have standout awesome games. There are a few things that really hurt MS though. Failure rate, no free wifi and $50 a yea live sub fee.

I'll tell you this much if thoes 3 things weren't problems I'd own a 360 right now instead of a PS3.

It's too bad MS can't get a foot hold in Japan as well.

But to be honest I think PS3 and 360 are basicly inter-changeable.

nope, as for the current hardware sales, the gap is getting closer despite being in the market for an year more.

so in NA yes. Rest of the world? Nope....trust me when i say i know people who don't even know what an xbox is

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!