By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge vs. Metacritic (Bias Confirmed!!!)

I don't really mind whether they're biased or not...they still gave FFX and FFXIII abysmal scores.

Around the Network

I hope he knows Metacritic is based on ALOT of game reviews and not just a single one?

Edge isnt giving out 9's and 10 like IGN every week.

kingofwale said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
aragod said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Instead of making such a long thread you could've just learned that Edge actually judge on a 1-10 scale instead of 6-10.

Instead of posting such a retarded oftopic reply you could've read the opening post.

But it's not off-topic. This is the same shit that goes on every time Edge review a new game and don't give it a 10. Yeah, they didn't think it was worth a 10. So what if they haven't given any game on the PS3 a 10? A 8 is a great game, even moreso when it comes from Edge. To be quite frank, people need to shut the hell up and accept that Edge don't work like others do.

What aragod is trying to say is...

READ THE OP FIRST BEFORE YOU POST.

because you and the rest of us are talking about completely different stuff here...

now, if the article is beyond your understanding, that is a completely different stuff....and I apologize

The OP is whining about Edge not giving PS3 exclusives as high scores as 360 exclusives. And that's ridiculous, because Edge regularly give lots of games "bad" scores. So they liked a few 360 games more than a few PS3 games... OH NOES!

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
kingofwale said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
aragod said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Instead of making such a long thread you could've just learned that Edge actually judge on a 1-10 scale instead of 6-10.

Instead of posting such a retarded oftopic reply you could've read the opening post.

But it's not off-topic. This is the same shit that goes on every time Edge review a new game and don't give it a 10. Yeah, they didn't think it was worth a 10. So what if they haven't given any game on the PS3 a 10? A 8 is a great game, even moreso when it comes from Edge. To be quite frank, people need to shut the hell up and accept that Edge don't work like others do.

because you and the rest of us are talking about completely different stuff here...

now, if the article is beyond your understanding, that is a completely different stuff....and I apologize

The OP is whining about Edge not giving PS3 exclusives as high scores as 360 exclusives. And that's ridiculous, because Edge regularly give lots of games "bad" scores. So they liked a few 360 games more than a few PS3 games... OH NOES!

aragod is not the one who wrote the article just so that you know.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
kingofwale said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
aragod said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

First of, the OP is not whining, he is reposting research done by someone else. Second, it's a completly valid for what it is, showing noticable difference between grading games on different platforms. If you are unspoiled by education, I'd suggest you go out and take some reading classes, since you are once and again missing the point.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
kingofwale said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
aragod said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

aragod is not the one who wrote the article just so that you know.

I know, but they are insisting that I didnt "understand" the OP.

aragod said:

And again, if they think that Xbox games are on average tier of quality above PS3 games, than that's a negative bias towards the PS3. There is no way to justify it or explain it. The only option is that they either prefer the Xbox significantly, or they are using double meter.

I think I know what you're trying to say. But in my opinion, this is not what bias means. Let's assume that the PS3 library was ACTUALLY weaker than the 360's. If you'd point that out - would that make you biased?
Now if we consider the fact that there is no objective 'quality scale' for games, I'd rather put it this way: EDGE has it's own emphases, preferences and ways of judging a game. In this coordinate plane, the top 30 360 games seem to fare better than the top 30 PS3 games. 

Bias would mean that they downgrade games purely for the fact that they are on the PS3, and you have no evidence for that, since you are comparing completely different games. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

So they are proven bias by comparing them to metacritic (Which contains many bias reviewers) lol.

Why do people bother replying here without reading the OP? One third of the replyies here are oftopics, the other third are people who can't understand the point, and the last third are people who could understand that and added something valuable to the discussion, which is basicaly me and two other guys.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

this was pretty obvious for a while, they are harsh reviewer, but we have seen scoring 360 exclusive abit higher than they used to many games.
FF13 getting a 5, seriously how!?