By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's move will be a fad and help Nintendo to sell even more consoles

Theres one big possible difference. The games.

Around the Network

I agree, you made good points.

People who already bought PS3's didn't buy them for the motion controls, they bought it for good exclusives, Blu-ray and high def.

RolStoppable said:
@Gilgamesh

Yes, but that doesn't mean that Sony can copy the longevity too.

Well at least people are getting an option now. Before if you wanted motion controls it's either Wii or nothing, now consumers have the option of trying the Wii's motion controller or the PS3's Move. It will be interesting to see what effect this has on sales. Sure the PS3's Move is a little more expensive, but in time that'll go down. If it's a big success then Sony can bundle the kit with every PS3 at a decent price in the future.

I predict that Nintendo will have higher hardware revenue than Sony this coming Q4.

Man what in the holy hell are some of you smoking, a company having total run of a market then a major comp entering you think will boost its sales.

What if sony can do moggle games like the wiis but do them with HD and far superior Online, that will help wii sales ?

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
RolStoppable said:
@Gilgamesh

Yes, but that doesn't mean that Sony can copy the longevity too.

Well at least people are getting an option now. Before if you wanted motion controls it's either Wii or nothing, now consumers have the option of trying the Wii's motion controller or the PS3's Move. It will be interesting to see what effect this has on sales. Sure the PS3's Move is a little more expensive, but in time that'll go down. If it's a big success then Sony can bundle the kit with every PS3 at a decent price in the future.

Pretty much all I had to say :) Let's just see what happens

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

RolStoppable said:
@kingofwale

Didn't you buy your Wii only just recently because your girlfriend wasn't interested in your PS3 games?

yes, that was my second Wii... Bought my first Wii few weeks after Launch, waited outside for it. but sold it about a year after.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think the reason people don't own a Wii but own a 360/PS3 isn't because of the motion controls and it's not even so much of a lack of interest in motion controls.

It's the lack of compelling software, the target audience of many Wii games vs PS3/360 and the complete lack of visual quality. (IE: Why buy something new that looks almost exactly like Gamecube/PS2/Xbox level).

Move will help Sony claim it's stake on the casual market and dip into the Nintendo pie. It won't do tremendous damage though but it merely will put it on the map. Although depending on how impressive the software gets with Move, It definitely could throw Sony over the top.

Most people that are hyping up the Move (at least at the present time) I'm convinced are just trying to spite Nintendo or are just blind hardcore Sony fanboys that will gobble up any junk they throw out. The games that use it look like an absolute joke and the people that have actually used it says it doesn't even work as good as the Wiimote, a product that has been out for 3 and a half years. I don't see how anyone in the right mind can be excited for it at least based on the games that have been shown for it thus far.

I would disagree with you. Of the 70 million Wii out there I would bet anything about 80-90% were bought from parents for their kids. The Wii market is for little kids, common look at all the games out there. Do you really think people between the age of 20-35 would buy a wii no cause of the limited choice of games. There are a few exceptions. PS3 and Xbox360 are for a more mature audience. I bet they are interested in motion control they just dont want a Wii for it.

I would definately buy the Move cause i have a PS3. I want motion control but i will not buy a Wii mainly becuase of the game choice and the weakor graphic. Playing a Wii on an HDTV is an eyesore. In my opinion even the PS2 graphics are better.

I dont think kids really care about HD graphics thats why the Wii sells so well. Their parents see wow only $199. It should keep them busy. Eventually the Wii will run out of audience. So i believe this is their last year for being Number 1 in terms of console sales.

People will start shifting to HD and they will choose either the xbox360 or the ps3. Thats just my opinion.