By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 won't turn off...

jesus kung fu magic said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Tanstalas said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ITs giving you a sign BUY FFXIII!

on another note twesterm, why do your PS3's always have some problem with them......its just like how there's ALWAYS a hair in my food that I order in restaurants!

As long as the chef isn't bald I wouldn't worry about the hair...

As for the PS3, yeah try holding the power button down as others have suggested

Thats disgusting!

I cant believe I lol'd at a darth post......what is the world coming to....

More odd things have happened today!

I mean someone made a thread today saying FF12 was the best Final Fantasy ever!! Can you believe someone would think such a thing! (apart from khuutra who refuses to see the light).

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Weird, I'm having this problem with my 360 atm.

does the Slim still have the yellow HDD light (the fat has it next to the usb ports at the front) ? If so it's pretty safe to unplug the console if that light is not blinking.

just unplug it. Its not as bad as many people think. Aslong as the system doesnt wrte data on the HDD nothing happens. I have done it a million times with my notebook. If your HDD is about to write it can cause damage on the plate but what else should happen I unplugged my PS3 acidentialy many times and everything is perfect. The switch in the back also disconnect  it from the power supply, you can press the switch on the back or just pull out the cable difference is Zero. Its a mechanical switch. Both do the same thing they disconnect the system from the power supply.

If your PS3 would have the switch you would press it or not ? You can also pull the plug.

After a little research it is the Logitech Harmoney Remote Adapter.

It appears as though earlier models of the adapter (and I have one of the earlier models since I got it when it was brand new) don't work with the slims:
clicky clicky

Looks like I get to spend time with customer support, woopee!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Tanstalas said:
darthdevidem01 said:

on another note twesterm, why do your PS3's always have some problem with them......its just like how there's ALWAYS a hair in my food that I order in restaurants!

Thats disgusting!

I mean someone made a thread today saying FF12 was the best Final Fantasy ever!! Can you believe someone would think such a thing! (apart from khuutra who refuses to see the light).

It seems that Khuutra and the thread creator are geniuses.......that thread is one of the rare instances where nothing but truth is in the op.....odd indeed.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Tanstalas said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Thats disgusting!

It seems that Khuutra and the thread creator are geniuses.......that thread is one of the rare instances where nothing but truth is in the op.....odd indeed.

I'm sure if you dig deep enough you'll find some hidden fanboyism in there somewhere, after all, I hear the OP is a dirty fanboy troll.  :-p

Wow... Pretty weird state that adapter put your slim in.

4 ≈ One

twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Tanstalas said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Thats disgusting!

I'm sure if you dig deep enough you'll find some hidden fanboyism in there somewhere, after all, I hear the OP is a dirty fanboy troll.  :-p

Being called a dirty fanboy troll is a compliment on this site so it must be a great honor for him.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

twesterm said:

After a little research it is the Logitech Harmoney Remote Adapter.

It appears as though earlier models of the adapter (and I have one of the earlier models since I got it when it was brand new) don't work with the slims:
clicky clicky

Looks like I get to spend time with customer support, woopee!

I LOL'd looking at the main page for the adapter:

"No compatibility worries."

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/5732&cl=us,en

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos