By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So much for the so called "Fad" huh? Sony should beg for mercy.

hallowedbeeddie said:
I some of these posts are pointless. I really doubt sony would have EVER released or announced move if nintendo hadn't risked it all with the wii specially since sony thrashed motion controls so much.

I think they would of released it... It just wouldn't look like it does, wouldn't have those acelometors or whatever and would pretty much just be tracking movement via the camera.

Also, it likely would of got little to no advertisment, very few developers would be working on it and would of been as ignored as the Eye Toy.

Also by the way... if you consider the Eye toy the sole gensis of the PS Move... Sony was still coping...

Since the Eye Toy was a ripoff of the "Dream Eye" for the Dreamcast.  They didn't even really change the name all that much.

Around the Network

kaz that´s how i would see it release if ninty hadnt made wii, with little to no advertisement just like the ps eye (but I still doubt they would have released it). by the way I had no idea about the dream eye. now thats a rip off

Carl2291 said:
I think Sony will wait and see what the masses think of the 3rd party support before they beg for mercy

@joeorc.
Great, great posts. Notice how nobody really tries to argue with you though, eh?

For good reason. Before you go claiming that he somehow owned everyone in this thread, let me bite the hook and say this:

All that data he posted and the epicly long wall of text he linked to that corresponds to it is irrelevant.

It is irrelevant for the simple fact that Sony did nothing with it all that R&D. In fact, instead of pulling a Nintendo, and saying, "we dabbled in the idea but weren't interested in it" they outright rejected motion controls, and the people who wish to use it (The "Casuals" women, children, senior citizens, etc.) over the course of this entire generation.

Only now that they decided to jump on the bandwagon, several years later, do they wish to praise MC. Now suddenly, Sony devs want to use motion, or "respect" Nintendo for starting the trend. Last time I checked, Wiis belonged in closets to collect more dust than Oreck vaccums and was supposed to have its bubble burst a LONG time ago.

Why join into a 'fad' if the concept behind it will soon 'fail'? Carl2291, if you honestly believe in your heart, that Sony is somehow ANY way original in their conception of Move at this point.....I'd be truly speechless.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:
I think Sony will wait and see what the masses think of the 3rd party support before they beg for mercy

@joeorc.
Great, great posts. Notice how nobody really tries to argue with you though, eh?

For good reason. Before you go claiming that he somehow owned everyone in this thread, let me bite the hook and say this:

All that data he posted and the epicly long wall of text he linked to that corresponds to it is irrelevant.

It is irrelevant for the simple fact that Sony did nothing with it all that R&D. In fact, instead of pulling a Nintendo, and saying, "we dabbled in the idea but weren't interested in it" they outright rejected motion controls, and the people who wish to use it (The "Casuals" women, children, senior citizens, etc.) over the course of this entire generation.

Only now that they decided to jump on the bandwagon, several years later, do they wish to praise MC. Now suddenly, Sony devs want to use motion, or "respect" Nintendo for starting the trend. Last time I checked, Wiis belonged in closets to collect more dust than Oreck vaccums and was supposed to have its bubble burst a LONG time ago.

Why join into a 'fad' if the concept behind it will soon 'fail'? Carl2291, if you honestly believe in your heart, that Sony is somehow ANY way original in their conception of Move at this point.....I'd be truly speechless.

I'd say hes slightly on the Blind side.

Sony tried and "failed" with Sixaxis after completely bad mouthing Nintendo's motion controls 

then charged their gamers after re-introducing dual shock! (a gaming standard at this point)

now they've jumped on the motion bandwagon. and traced the Wii mote!

I wonder if they still see the Wii as a FAD or as a market leader?

SaviorX said:

I don't.

But i do think that the reaction from the Nintendo fanbase regarding the PS Move has been... Pathetic, to say the least.

Around the Network

no one said anything when MS made the "Avatars" =s this is getting out of hands.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

@Savior: Those finds are golden my friend. You singlehandedly made this thread hilarious.

As for the OP: Hypocrisy is I think the reason why many feel the way you do. It is shameless on one hand. But its also a business reaction on the other. However, Sony (and MS) are dabbing in uncharted waters with MC. Nintendo's had years to gain experience and have really been the ONLY company to really have software that utilizes this MC and resonate with a wide audience.

There will be backlash from their existing fanbase as well. Unless they are just totally sheep. but Sony PR has convinced them that MC were bad and a fad by echoing this for years. Now you begin seeing the switch in attitude on forums which is the work of viral marketers in my opinion.

The fanbase seems largely to still not care about MC's and are really just hoping it succeeds in propelling PS3 sales or best case scenario (fantasy land thinking) kill the Wii.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Severance said:
no one said anything when MS made the "Avatars" =s this is getting out of hands.

People said stuff, they didn't make thread after thread about it though. Or raid every thread regarding avatars.

Think im gonna contact naz about the moderation actually...

MeTc123_VG_EditioN_ said:
Imphamis said:
I guess it's humorous..........they did insult the Wii and motion controls when it was earlier released and now they are back on the motion boat.......with controls similar to the Wiimote and Nunchuk. Well.......they can thank Nintendo for innovating motion controls and making it become a standard in gaming. Unlike what they couldn't do with the Eye Toy. Ah but competition is good, yes? They may be even better than the Wiimote/Nunchuk, yes? But this could end up just like Zune, still behind the original innovator.

It is quite funny when you think about it, but one has to ask ......... Sony have you no Honor?

I've never seen a company imitation so close to the original design, It's practically worth a Law suit from Nintendo!!!

A Wii controller with a few groves and a Sony label, Shamless!

That isn't innovation, it's imitation.

Nintendo cannot Sue Sony over it and Nintendo know's exactly why, because sony had a patant application on this very same type of controll scheme bach in 2005 2 month's even before the first Wiimote was even first unvailed, at TGS 2 month's later.

nor

could Sony sue Nintendo because they showed concept's to their inner development team's prior to even 2004

it's one of those thing's where both were working on the exact same concept. at the exact same time it's wierd but it happens.

Sony though put their's on a back burnner to see how well the Nintendo technology would do.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Arius Dion said:
@Savior: Those finds are golden my friend. You singlehandedly made this thread hilarious.

As for the OP: Hypocrisy is I think the reason why many feel the way you do. It is shameless on one hand. But its also a business reaction on the other. However, Sony (and MS) are dabbing in uncharted waters with MC. Nintendo's had years to gain experience and have really been the ONLY company to really have software that utilizes this MC and resonate with a wide audience.

There will be backlash from their existing fanbase as well. Unless they are just totally sheep. but Sony PR has convinced them that MC were bad and a fad by echoing this for years. Now you begin seeing the switch in attitude on forums which is the work of viral marketers in my opinion.

The fanbase seems largely to still not care about MC's and are really just hoping it succeeds in propelling PS3 sales or best case scenario (fantasy land thinking) kill the Wii.

LoL I Agree!