By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sega claims PS3 to outsell Xbox 360, with the Wii in last place?

I know how Sega can revive itself:

Milking the Sonic franchise!

Oh, wait...

Around the Network

God forbid a company happens to give a prediction of what they think and because it's burying some people's console of choice they ridicule that prediction.

Do I think it's right? Don't know, it could be but we'll have to wait and see.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

NJ5 said:
I think Sega slipped through one of the PS3's 4 dimensions.

lol

Faxanadu said:
quite surprising, with all the market foresight and intelligence they are displaying....

For that you win the thread and a giant taco....

To Each Man, Responsibility

also i dont think they know what they are quite saying,i mean wii already has a big lead from the last placed competitior and its only growing

Around the Network
jjseth said:
God forbid a company happens to give a prediction of what they think and because it's burying some people's console of choice they ridicule that prediction.

Do I think it's right? Don't know, it could be but we'll have to wait and see.

God forbid a fanboy happens to read a prediction that falls in line with what they hope will happen to their last place console and because they hope it might bury the consoles the fanboys system is being buried by they back that prediction (even if it is wishful thinking at this point in the game).

Do I think it's right? Don't know, it could be, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry jjseth, I couldn't resist :) 

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

See how no one shows reasoning for this? Just because when not a lot of people are buying gaming consoles, and Sony has no big games, that means that Sony will lose?

And do you think Wii owners won't buy a PS3 along the side.

Lets look at the possible next year line-up for the PS3.

Year starts off with DMC4 (you may say its multiplatform, but i think it will sell equally or better WW on PS3 because of Japan.)

Then we have LBP, then Killzone, with Home's release further in the year with will attract Sims fans immediately, which has sold quite a bit itself.
Socom Confrontation will most likely be released during the summer months, with GT5 and FF being released at the end of the year.

The Xbox needs to sell ALOT more than it is now to compete. The differences between the PS2 and PS3 were huge last year, no doubt. But as of now, especially with the expected price drop to 299 next year, how can Xbox or Wii stop people from buying the games they like?

Come on. Both FF and GT5 will sell better than Halo. The PS3 will have an install base of atleast 20 million consoles by next winter. Those games are the same games that won last gen for the PS2, including GTA of course. Unless those games have huge issues, its going to happen. What does either Wii or Xbox have left to stop those

Don't pick on jj. He may have high apple pie in the sky hopes, but all shall be granted their "wait and see" requests.

I would have liked to see where he base his claims. Ok, he said that in five years, Wii may look old fashioned, but really, what does he expect, if Wii has 100M (my own predictions average) sold in 5 years, does he think the 100M Wii owners suddenly buys 360 or PS3, when the same people are waiting for the next generation to arrive. The change in trend have to come earlier, i'd say 2009 at latest, when 360 is 4 years old and Wii and PS3 3 years.

Now the problem with PS3 is, that even it has a lot of games coming in 2008 and also couple of big exclusives, also the competitors have similar situation. But what's more important, PS3 needs to prove it can sell software and hardware in order to get more games. At the moment, publishers seem to be reluctant to start new (exclusive) games developement for PS3 and their escape seem to be porting the games to 360. So, PS3 have to prove it's sales now, to get games for 2009, since the developement takes so much time. In the 360 case, it's basically nothing in Japan, and it seems like it's going to stay that way, so Japanese developers do not have similar interest to it, like to Wii and PS3.
Nintendo announced sometime at sping, that they have about 45 Wii games in developement, and so far we have seen only a few of them. Basically they can boost up sales by announcing one or two of them at a time if they need to.
Saleswise 360 have proven that shooters and sports games can sell on the platform, Wii has had couple of 3rd party titles, that have sold good and which prove that quality titles or decent exclusives do sell on Wii, and PS3:s only million sellers basically limit to bundled games.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Jandre02 said:
See how no one shows reasoning for this? Just because when not a lot of people are buying gaming consoles, and Sony has no big games, that means that Sony will lose?

And do you think Wii owners won't buy a PS3 along the side.

Lets look at the possible next year line-up for the PS3.

Year starts off with DMC4 (you may say its multiplatform, but i think it will sell equally or better WW on PS3 because of Japan.)

Then we have LBP, then Killzone, with Home's release further in the year with will attract Sims fans immediately, which has sold quite a bit itself.
Socom Confrontation will most likely be released during the summer months, with GT5 and FF being released at the end of the year.

The Xbox needs to sell ALOT more than it is now to compete. The differences between the PS2 and PS3 were huge last year, no doubt. But as of now, especially with the expected price drop to 299 next year, how can Xbox or Wii stop people from buying the games they like?

Come on. Both FF and GT5 will sell better than Halo. The PS3 will have an install base of atleast 20 million consoles by next winter. Those games are the same games that won last gen for the PS2, including GTA of course. Unless those games have huge issues, its going to happen. What does either Wii or Xbox have left to stop those

1st: Comparing next year's lineup is silly, the PS3 has moved a lot of games back to that period and MS and Nintendo have a few games announced but by tradition the info on those releases hasn't really been decided or released yet.  So of course the PS3 looks like it will have a better lineup in early '08.  It might turn out to be the case anyways, but without compelte info this is the purest form of speculation.

2nd:  I am not great on software data but it seems like the chance of FF or GT5 selling anywhere near Halo 3 levels is a bit unlikely. But we will have to wait and see.

3rd: The PS3 with an install base of 20m by next Winter..which would be what early/mid Nov '08? sounds plausible with a nice uptick in sales, but  I suspect the PS3 might be breaking 20m installed around Jan/Feb of '09 though.

To Each Man, Responsibility