By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII better than Final Fantasy XII?

In my opinion, Final Fantasy XII was the worst final fantasy i've played. Not that it was BAD, but the voice acting was mediocre, the storyline wasn't anything spectacular, and the cast was boring. 

In XIII, the storyline throws you for a loop around many corners and all of the characters are very well developed. They all seem personal to you as a gamer and the voice acting is top notch. 

Now the only reason i bring this up is because XII got better reviews than XIII which i severely disagree with. Does anyone agree with me?

Around the Network

I think that pretty much everyone here will agree with you

how would you compare the battle system to XII out of curiosity?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I find it much much more enjoyable than FFXII.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

hatmoza said:

Nothing similar. Very action oriented.

That sums it up best.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

dont listen to the reviews, reviews havent really been true for years they all seem to say the same thing, either its remarkable or its a bombing so forgot about that.

but you are right FFXII was bad for the exact reasons you said, and most FF fans would agree with you, i say most cause im sure there are some crazy people who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Its not better, its FAR better than 12

Better battle system, better music, better story, better characters, better graphics (duh)

In fact FFXIII has beaten all PS1 FF's for me too....its my 3rd Favorite FF right now, behind FF10 & way behind FF6

It'll probably go ahead of FF10 by the time I finish it.....but it won't beat FF6 anymore......unless Chapter 11, 12, 13 are something out of this world.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

FFXIII is WAY WAY better than FFXII.

hatmoza said:

FF12 & FF13 are like the antithesis of eachother

they are like polar opposites.

FF12 was a 9.0 for me

FF13 is heading towards a 9.8 or 9.9

not 10.0 since only MGS4 is the perfect game.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Without a doubt I am enjoying it much more than FF12.

While I did enjoy 12, it was way to hands-off for my taste. Im not sure I would call FF13 an "action" rpg by any means, its more of a hybrid turn-based/strategy rpg (just has some of that good old turn-based feeling to me).

While it is not my favorite of the series, it is an excellent game that I am enjoying as much as any of the other FF main series games (while playing it of course). I will have an idea of where the game falls compared to all the others after I have finished it.

Only problem so far is Vanille's voice.  It is not that I do not like it, it just does not seem to fit at all.  Sounds like a British chick with a bit to much New Jersey in her.  (And its still above a good bit of the voices from FF12)