By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Halo Reach will outsell Halo 3

leo-j said:
HALO REACH is not a sequel.. its not HALO 4, you guys are thinking it is HALO 4 and will topple HALO 3 sales.

Its almost impossible, HALO 3 has sold well over 10 million copies, HALO ODST is an expansion to the HALO 3 experience, while HALO REACH is a prequel to the original HALO, MGS3 didn't do it, so why would HALO REACH? Prequels tend to sell LESS THAN HALF the orignal game.

You guys are trying really hard to find a reason why Halo:Reach won't be the best selling game of 2010 and the best selling Halo game of all time aren't you? It doesn't matter if its a prequel or sequel. What matters is it is completely NEW campaign and completely new MULTIPLAYER. Sounds like a new game to me.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
pizzahut451 said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:
Halo : Reach is the 4th Halo game on Xbox. The only reason why Halo 3 sold so much more than other Halo games is because it was the FIRST Halo game on Xbox. 1st Halo game on Xbox 720 has a chance of outselling Halo 3 though

great... so how do you explain COD increasing sales from MW1 to MW2?

Or Uncharted 2 from Uncharted 1 for that matter.

Uncharted 2 not being a new IP anymore like Uncharted 1?

Resistance 2/Resistance 1.

Gears 2/Gears 1

BOTH predecessors are sitting higher.

Resistance 1 being the only good PS3 launch game and heavly bundled. Resistance 2 going agaist COD: WAW

Gears 1 being on of the rare AAA 360 games in 2005-06 period and being a first graphical of this gen

leo-j said:
HALO REACH is not a sequel.. its not HALO 4, you guys are thinking it is HALO 4 and will topple HALO 3 sales.

Its almost impossible, HALO 3 has sold well over 10 million copies, HALO ODST is an expansion to the HALO 3 experience, while HALO REACH is a prequel to the original HALO, MGS3 didn't do it, so why would HALO REACH? Prequels tend to sell LESS THAN HALF the orignal game.

Leo, I really expect more from you. Halo Reach doesn't need to be Halo 4. Again you're thinking the public are idiots. It's the next BIG Halo game, that's all that matters.

"Its almost impossible" really leo, get over this stupid and rather annoying Halo is going to be big fear you have.

pizzahut451 said:
Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:
Halo : Reach is the 4th Halo game on Xbox. The only reason why Halo 3 sold so much more than other Halo games is because it was the FIRST Halo game on Xbox. 1st Halo game on Xbox 720 has a chance of outselling Halo 3 though

MW2 being a 2nd MW game on 360 and Halo Reach beint a 4TH Halo game on 360

or

Halo Reach being the 2nd FULL game on 360.

MW2 being the 5th full COD game on 360......

Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST were priced at 60$, the price of a FULL NEW GAME.

Also, theres diffrence between COD WW2 games and COD MW games

Are you convieniently forgetting world at war?? and COD 3? and COD2 for that matter!!!

I said second MODERN WARFARE game on 360

So you're completely cherry picking? You're allowed to ignore other COD games but it's fair to add the non big Halo games?

Do you actually believe this rubbish you're spouting? lol

kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:

or

right ok... answer both of these please...

if COD released a RTS..  would you class that as part of the main series? and if its ssles were less than 9m would you say the series was in decline?

if COD released a campaign only title, limited length at that, with a slight add-on to the multiplayer... but essentially the same multiplayer as MW2, how would that sell?  and if it sold less, as it would, would COD be in decline?

i never said main series. I just said a Halo game. Halo Wars is not part of main series but it still counts as another Halo game on Xbox.

Around the Network
Seece said:
leo-j said:

Leo, I really expect more from you. Halo Reach doesn't need to be Halo 4. Again you're thinking the public are idiots. It's the next BIG Halo game, that's all that matters.

"Its almost impossible" really leo, get over this stupid and rather annoying Halo is going to be big fear you have.

Why are you attacking me.. Im actually shocked you responded like this, you have never been so blatently defensive as right now..

MGS3 was the next big MGS game, that's all that matters, yet it sold less than half of MGS2'S sales because it was a prequel.. and look at it seece, look at all the people that have turned against halo with Call of duty.. you can't ignore that.. I believe the HALO FANBASE is not as large as it used to be. Same with GRAN TURISMO, look at all those forza fans that have turned away from GT..

Its what I believe, and based on market trends, and gamer observations, HALO REACH should sell well, but I dont see it doing MWF2 360 numbers, or HALO3 numbers.

mM

Halo Reach will easily, and I mean VERY easily, be the biggest game of the year. Nothing is going to come close to this game IMO. Possibly GT5 but honestly I don't think racers this gen have it in them to topple the FPS kings.

Reach will easily have a bigger opening than Halo 3 as well due to a MUCH larger install base. It will easily do over 4 million first week, and possibly even 5 million. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't really done much research on it IMO.

Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:
Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:

or

Are you convieniently forgetting world at war?? and COD 3? and COD2 for that matter!!!

So you're completely cherry picking? You're allowed to ignore other COD games but it's fair to add the non big Halo games?

No cherrypicking. Modern Warfare COD games and WW2 games are diffrent in many things. Almost completly diffrent franchises. Hell, people didnt even use COD name when mentioning MW2. It was just Moder Warfare 2, no COD

leo-j said:
Seece said:
leo-j said:

Why are you attacking me.. Im actually shocked you responded like this, you have never been so blatently defensive as right now..

MGS3 was the next big MGS game, that's all that matters, yet it sold less than half of MGS2'S sales because it was a prequel.. and look at it seece, look at all the people that have turned against halo with Call of duty.. you can't ignore that.. I believe the HALO FANBASE is not as large as it used to be. Same with GRAN TURISMO, look at all those forza fans that have turned away from GT..

Its what I believe, and based on market trends, and gamer observations, HALO REACH should sell well, but I dont see it doing MWF2 360 numbers, or HALO3 numbers.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just baffled why you go ape shit in every Reach thread. Halo 3 and MW2 are neck and neck in top played games on live, despite Halo 3 being 2+ years old, there is no evidence to support the fanbase isn't as large as ... well whenever.

pizzahut451 said:
Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:
Seece said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:
kowenicki said:
pizzahut451 said:

or

No cherrypicking. Modern Warfare COD games and WW2 games are diffrent in many things. Almost completly diffrent franchises. Hell, people didnt even use COD name when mentioning MW2. It was just Moder Warfare 2, no COD

Gamers can see the difference between COD and MW, hence MW 2 sold waaay better than MW1. Gamers can also see the difference between a game like Halo Reach and Wars/ODST.