By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Halo Reach will outsell Halo 3

CGI-Quality said:
Microsoft will market the living bejeezus out of it. It will do Halo 3 numbers if nothing else, which is still a massive success.

Yup, MW2 doing 5 million first week shows the scope sales can reach on a games first week.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
HALO REACH is not a sequel.. its not HALO 4, you guys are thinking it is HALO 4 and will topple HALO 3 sales.

Its almost impossible, HALO 3 has sold well over 10 million copies, HALO ODST is an expansion to the HALO 3 experience, while HALO REACH is a prequel to the original HALO, MGS3 didn't do it, so why would HALO REACH? Prequels tend to sell LESS THAN HALF the orignal game.

classic line...  yeah, cos prequels are very common arent they...   wth are you talking about?

give me 4 examples of major (i mean really major) franchises that have had prequels that have sold less... you know, just to evidence "tend"

Kingdom hearts

Resident evil

Metal gear solid

Final fantasy

mM

Im not going ape shit.. Im just giving you a clear response.. why are you going ape shit that Im not agreeing with the fact that I do not believe it will do HALO 3 numbers..

mM
leo-j said:
Im not going ape shit.. Im just giving you a clear response.. why are you going ape shit that Im not agreeing with the fact that I do not believe it will do HALO 3 numbers..

I'm acting resonably fine ... I think? I'm talking about you going in most Reach threads arguing the negatives, either it's not going to outsell Halo 3, it's not a contest as far as graphics are concerned, or something else. You're entitled to your opinion leo, you just seem very aggitated when giving it.

And I've only seen this with you in regards to anything Halo Reach ... weird

Clearly you are targeting me kowenicki, and go ahead its fine..

I dont want the game to fail.. Im just saying I dont think it will sell 10 MILLION copies LTD.. or be as big of a game as HALO 3

HALO 3 was the biggest game launch in video game history, how you expect HALO REACH to top that, is just crazy.. considering NATAL is releasing around the same time frame, I dont think microsoft will make ever soda can a HALO can, and every ad on tv halo, and every poster on the street HALO, like they did HALO 3.

mM
Around the Network

Won't happen. Really guys, I'm a x360 fan and your predictions are making all of us look bad. I can give you a nice list of a bunch of games that didn't outsell the game they followed on the PS2 even though install base was doubled.

MGS2 was released when there was 15.5m PS2 install base and sold 5.58m copies. MSG3 (the prequel like Reach will be) had a 73.5m PS2 install base and only sold 4m copies.

Lemme put it this way... a friend of mine and I are not that interested in getting Halo Reach. YOU'RE TELLING ME that you are going to find 2 people that DIDN'T buy Halo 3 that are going to go buy Halo Reach???

Come on, lets get real. It's a prequel!

Seece said:
leo-j said:

I'm acting resonably fine ... I think? I'm talking about you going in most Reach threads arguing the negatives, either it's not going to outsell Halo 3, it's not a contest as far as graphics are concerned, or something else. You're entitled to your opinion leo, you just seem very aggitated when giving it.

Im very relaxed at the moment.. you guys starting to attack me is starting to aggitate me.. just because I have a different opinion.

I have NOTHING against HALO REACH, Im not pointing out any negatives, I HAVE NEVER pointed out negatives for the game, but there are people that constantly try to say "ITS THE BEST GAME EVER RELEASED", "ITS THE BEST LOOKING GAME EVER MADE" and throw it on these forums expecting everyone to agree with them.. then you get people to start argueing, and then you guys assume someone wants X game to fail.

Im just saying as a prequel, and the fact that I BELIEVE COD is now the 360s biggest shooter (same on ps3) I dont see HALO REACH doing HALO 3 numbers.

mM

Reach will come close to Halo 3's sales or even outsell it and along with bundles , its just a matter of when Reach will outsell Halo 3.

leo-j said:
Seece said:
leo-j said:

Im very relaxed at the moment.. you guys starting to attack me is starting to aggitate me.. just because I have a different opinion.

I have NOTHING against HALO REACH, Im not pointing out any negatives, I HAVE NEVER pointed out negatives for the game, but there are people that constantly try to say "ITS THE BEST GAME EVER RELEASED", "ITS THE BEST LOOKING GAME EVER MADE" and throw it on these forums expecting everyone to agree with them.. then you get people to start argueing, and then you guys assume someone wants X game to fail.

Im just saying as a prequel, and the fact that I BELIEVE COD is now the 360s biggest shooter (same on ps3) I dont see HALO REACH doing HALO 3 numbers.

None of that sums me up in the slightest ... and for the last time I'm not attacking you Leo ..

ymeaga1n said:
Won't happen. Really guys, I'm a x360 fan and your predictions are making all of us look bad. I can give you a nice list of a bunch of games that didn't outsell the game they followed on the PS2 even though install base was doubled.

MGS2 was released when there was 15.5m PS2 install base and sold 5.58m copies. MSG3 (the prequel like Reach will be) had a 73.5m PS2 install base and only sold 4m copies.

Lemme put it this way... a friend of mine and I are not that interested in getting Halo Reach. YOU'RE TELLING ME that you are going to find 2 people that DIDN'T buy Halo 3 that are going to go buy Halo Reach???

Come on, lets get real. It's a prequel!

Well, if you wanna get technical. I have Halo 3 used, so when I buy Halo: Reach first day, I will be included in those figures whereas I'm not in Halo 3's. Also, Halo 2 > Halo 1. Just because Microsoft has a lot of Halo games does not mean everyone who could possibly be interested in Halo has already bought them.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.