By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only one getting tired of seeing so much X360 hate on this forum?

Maybe someone else is seeing it too but...

As a moderator, I know I'm supposed to not be biased, let crap roll off my back, ect, and such but...

I am getting very, very sick and tired of the Microsoft forums being trolled and besieged by primarily Wii owners, and some PS3 owners that have absolutely no interest in the Xbox 360, it's games, or anything, and only post negative attacks against myself, other Xbox 360 owners, and such.

For example, if you goto the Nintendo forums, and find a topic such as "Namco working on Wii RPG" you find:

0 Xbox 360 owners discussing the given game negatively. (Ari_Gold was the only X360 + Wii owner, never brought up the X360)

0 Playstation 3 owners discussing the game, negatively.

1 Negative refference to the Playstation 3 lineup (which was entirely O/T)

And the next one "Official Wii RPG thread"

0 Xbox 360 owners discussing the given games, negatively

0 Playstation 3 owners discussing the games negatively.

Now we goto the Sony forums:

Under a thread which might get flaming "New FFXIII Probmems? No, Google Translation Problems" we find:

1 Wii owner posting negatively about it (Super Etecoon)

0 X360 owners postive negatively

And a great one that had alot of Wii owners doubting it, since it's a Wii game "Nights on PS2" by Konichiwa

3 Wii Owners/Supporters (Neos, Naznatips, Zucas) doubed the chance of this happening, saying it was dumb/impossible since it was coming out on the Wii.

1 X360 Owner (Alexi De Oni) doubed it

2 X360 Owners posted positive comments about the chance/possibility of it, with sound logic.

Now we get to the Xbox 360 forums:

The great blowup of the "Atlus announces upcoming X360 games" we had:

Onna76 stating how he wished Atlus was doing this for the Wii

Carazo trolling stating "The PS3 will have the best RPGs"

Carlos710 refuting Carazo saying the "Wii = RPG pwnage"

ClaudeLv250 then came in talking about the virtues of the Wii RPG lineup.

ookaze stating the Xbox 360 is "the worst JRPG console"

So we had atleast 2-3 Wii owners/supporters coming into a Xbox 360 discussion thread, and posting about the Wii (not adding any positive discussion to the X360). One PS3 owner coming in and promoting PS3 RPGs, and ookaze, which I am unsure which afilliation he's under. This is just one thread. Most of the discussion was with Claude, Carlos and the X360 supports such as myself, Lord of kain, and such.

In the mix of that, you had Kazz and (ironically) Neo J being neutral, discussing virtues of various RPGs.

Then we have the Mass Effect/Halo 3 hate thread:

Leo-J, omgwtfbbq, Rolstoppable, geogepir came in, all Wii owners if I'm not mistaken (save Leo-J, who's a PS3 guy), and began to attack the games themselves, rather than discuss the reasons behind the issues of hate. Rol wasn't too bad, but he still was in here anyway (has he played ME yet?).

And in the whole thread, I get called an elitist, fanboy, and horrible for saying Wii owners were stupid with their attacks of the X360 lineup, and not for realizing whats there. I don't quite mean that for all of them, because there are millions of well-informed Wii owners that prefer the Wii, which is perfectly acceptible. I just have a huge problem with the 20% of militant Wii owners on these forums raiding our threads. But at any rate, that was another just normal X360 discussion that had about 12-15 civil posters, and 4 from other groups attacking myself, and other X360 owners for the most part.

Now, maybe it's just me, but I am getting sick and tired of every thread in the Xbox 360 forum degenerating into a "OMG, the X360 got Atlus but they suck! Get a Wii!" or PS, or whatever you have.

I must ask the X360 supporters, or those that are interested: do you enjoy this happening? I never, ever goto a Nintendo or Sony forum unless I am there to positively discuss the aspects of their systems. I'm not a Playstation 2/3 owner for a long time, and I fail to see why I have an opinion about their system, for their forum.

Likewise, I'm not a Wii owner, nor am I really interested it one. Because of that, I don't see why I should be granted a free pass to the Nintendo discussion forums every time a topic comes up that I might disagree with. Even if I wish the Wii RPGs would come Xbox-side, I don't see why I should be allowed into the Nintendo discussions for just one post, to beat my chest in support of the X360. That's what this forum is for: re-enforcing how much we love our X360. I am sure that Nintendo fans would feel the same way.

Likewise, the Mass Effect/Halo hate thread is the same way. We just wanted to discuss that some people dislike these games, and hopefully get a resolution on why they feel that way. Now I'm being called, by Wii fans, an elitist, a fanboy, and every other word (yet again, they don't own  X360, or have probably played Mass Effect or Blue Dragon, the 2 games I focused on).

So what I'm asking is 2-3 fold:

Xbox 360 owners: do you tire of what's been going on? Or am I just crazy-biased and see everything in some wierd shade of Microsoft-green, and am totally wrong and need corrected?

Should people that have absolutely no interest in the Xbox 360 be allowed to come here and post anti-360 comments for no reason, then degenerate a typically positive newsworthy thread into fanboy drivel?

Likewise, shouldn't we, as X360 owners, be allowed to discuss our games, our way, with whatever we want to? I think Nintendo fans should get the same luxury in their forums. I don't think anti-SMG threads by myself in their forum should be allowed, ever. Thats why I'd never do it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

This forum has been ruined by Wii fanboy's for a very very long time.

Wow. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but I haven't *noticed* much 360 hate.

This forum is very much two main camps - Wii on one side, PS3 on the other - always taking pot shots at each other. I guess the 360 is stuck in the middle - once something good happens, both sides attack it?

I'm definitely more a 360 man than a PS3 man (this generation), and I am really looking forward to picking up a 360 - next year sometime.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well, I was the one who pointed to evidence of NiGHTS on PS2, but I am a huge Wii Fanboy though, whatever way you look at it, 360 has almost no appeal to Wii Fanboys, this is why we can speak so low of it in general.

Fair enough if FF XIII was to port to 360, PS3 Fanboys would go ****ing nuts, that's just the way it works, at the end of the day there is always going to be this kind of hatred to other consoles, it's something that you're just going to have to deal with.

Internet forums would actually be quite boring and quiet without this kind of spice, so long as it's moderated.

I love my Wii to death but I can appreciate what is on the other systems, for example, just yesterday I got to play Gears of War/Halo 3/ and Bioshock for the first time, and I gotta say Halo 3 sucked balls, Gears of War was nice, but Bioshock kicked ****ing ass.

I see what you are trying to say, but because you are obviously pro-360 you tend to see the Xbox negativity more, just like when you buy a new car, you tend to notice your model out on the road more often.

The Atlus topic and the w29 gettting a ps3 topic had I thought a lot attacks on the 360. Most of the times I just ignore them cause I believe the 360 has better games but once in a while I go, what the fuck. Like the atlus topic, I don't understand why the wii came up. Anyway I notice it sometimes but its better to ignore it.

Around the Network

Yeah I haven't really noticed but can you blame people really. Just look at my pats and how much hate they get because they kick everyones butt. Some people want the 360 to go down and bring about the PS3 to take over and I don't think is going to happen. Not sure why the Wii owners would care much about the 360 since it is not getting those games and vise versa. Honestly is the Wii by itself and the 360 vs the PS3. Quite frankly I am not sure there is much to complain about no matter what console you have since they are all getting great games this holiday and beyond.

I think the PS3 hate is much worse than the 360 hate. Every positive Sony thread turns negative, and every negative Sony thread is made by Wii owners... I really thought 360 was lost in the middle. But there are a lot more Sony hate threads than both 360+wii combined.

shams -

The issue is if you go through a decent-sized chunk of the X360 posts, on the X360 forums, we get hit by both sides.

I see the "battle" as this:

Wii owners proud of their system set out to speak of the greatness of the Wii, but do so outside of their forums, and attack inside the Sony and MS camps.

PS3 owners sad of their systems sales, feel the need to defend what exclusives it has left, and judge negatively on the X360's lineup, since it's definately in competition with the X360 for sales (whilst beating up on Wii owners at some point, I am sure).

Then we have, like you said, X360 owners in the middle getting flack from both sides. MS might care about beating up on the PS3. We really dont. Maybe I'm biased, but outside of a few pot-shots in this forum, there's very little gloating on what MS has done to Sony. We're just happy with what we've got this gen, since it's so much better than last gen.

And on the Wii front, some here own Wiis, or just don't care. I know I'm probably precieved as the most anti-Wii militant X360 owner, but it's almost exclusively from the attacks I have to defend against from Wii owners.

To me, the biggest thing is that the forum is heavily Wii-favored. I'm not even saying it's Nintendo-favored.

One of the last polls asked "what is the best system on the market?" - you had the PS2, PS3, PSP, NDS, Wii and X360 as options. The Wii beat out every, and any other system by a combined 64% to 36% - that includes all Sony systems, as well as the Nintendo DS (which maybe got 10% of the votes).

Now, to me, that shows ultra-heavy favoritism to the Wii. The DS is selling better than it, but you rarely see DS-only or DS-heavy posters here. Likewise, you don't see it for the PSP either. To me, this is crazy, and makes the forums much worse than normal.

I mean, I'm not expecting the forum to be magically 33/33/33 when it comes to owners, but it's more like 70/20/10 when there are discussions.

ioi -

That is exactly what I am talking about!

I remember when we didn't have the manufacturer forums - I was one of the biggest proponents of having them. Before we had them, every post was mixed in, and every single post had to have a ton of Wii and PS3 fans bickering over a Halo 3 post. Then we had the separate forums, which has worked for a long time.

But now, it seems that things, atleast on the X360 forum (and to a lesser extent, PS3) have degenerated into tons of OT postings about other systems. The last thing I want to do is defend a X360 in my forum - that's what the sales/gaming forums are for, to discuss various lineups and such, since everyone frequents those forums evenly.

Now, having said this, I agree I've seen tons of anti-PS3 bias. I've tried to keep far away from that. But it *seems* the PS3 has ridden the storm, in the fact that Wii fans (and X360 fans to some degree) see PS3-bashing as beating a really, really dead horse.

It might be helpful if the "Hot Topics" listed the forum that messages are in. I know, it's right at the top of the article after you click, but once someone clicks on a topic, they are less likely to pay attention to what forum it is in. If people see it's in a forum for a platform they are not interested in, maybe they be less inclined to click on it.