By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only one getting tired of seeing so much X360 hate on this forum?

Then we have the Mass Effect/Halo 3 hate thread:

Leo-J, omgwtfbbq, Rolstoppable, geogepir came in, all Wii owners if I'm not mistaken (save Leo-J, who's a PS3 guy), and began to attack the games themselves, rather than discuss the reasons behind the issues of hate. Rol wasn't too bad, but he still was in here anyway (has he played ME yet?).

And in the whole thread, I get called an elitist, fanboy, and horrible for saying Wii owners were stupid with their attacks of the X360 lineup, and not for realizing whats there. I don't quite mean that for all of them, because there are millions of well-informed Wii owners that prefer the Wii, which is perfectly acceptible. I just have a huge problem with the 20% of militant Wii owners on these forums raiding our threads. But at any rate, that was another just normal X360 discussion that had about 12-15 civil posters, and 4 from other groups attacking myself, and other X360 owners for the most part.

The whole point of the thread was "Why all the Halo/Mass Effect Hate" It wasn't directed at 360 owners who didn't like those games (especially since ME wasn't out yet), it was directed at the exact same kind of people who went into that thread to be critical about it.

Certain threads lend themselves to cross console discussion more than others. I haven't gone that deep into the Atlus RPG thread though, and perhaps that one did get run off the rails abit.

Either way, I'll try to look out for that sort of thing a bit more. Because if it's starting to alienate fine posters like yourself mrstickball, then there clearly is a problem.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
ArtofAngels said:
Carazo said:
A troll is a person who is deliberately inflammatory on the Internet in order to provoke a vehement response from other users, and I just did give my opinion about the future RPG line-up that the next-gen consoles are going to have, and I didn’t attack you until you did attack me…

Anyway, I’m actually an Xbox 360 owner since may 06’ and at this moment I don’t have PS3, simply because I don’t like the current line-up (except for Ninja Gaiden, Uncharted, Ratchet and some 3rd party games).

Huh? You practically just listed half of PS3's line-up...

There we go, trolliing, and off topic at it's best... Not even on topic of what this post was about.

Not completely off topic for Carazo, as he was listed as giving 360 hate (PS3 fanboyism) in the main topic. He was defending his comments.

I think ArtofAngles was not trying to troll, but was just confused as he missed the word except, and didn't understand that some people expect dozens of interesting (to them) games to be available before they invest in a platform and not just half a dozen.

This forum is definitely pro Wii, and I stated this within days of my first visit. I think most people are anti-360 from the posts that I read - not a lot of love. I do seem to see some anti-PS3 peops, but not quite as many. I rarely see any negative comments involving Wii.

PS - cdude1034 - the RRoD shouldn't be a source of anger as MS has addressed this issue. Send it in and get a new one.

I think the problem is this 360 fans are on average are far more mature then their fan brethren loyal to other consoles. They usually seem to be more intelligent, and less prone to juvenile behavior. What we need is to find a way to bring up the standards for the other two camps. That starts with some heavy banning. We have far too many posters in both of those camps that neither contribute anything meaningful, and more often then not only post to cause problems.

We have posters making blatantly uninformed statements. Whipping out one liners. Engaging in personal feuds. Flame baiting, and troll baiting. We have almost no detailed analysis. Fanaticism is no replacement for facts, figures, and cited sources. We do not even have common courtesy in many instances. When a console manufacturer does something right they should be commended whether you like that particular console or not.

The problems have actually gotten worse. Posters I once considered well worth reading have degenerated into posters that are border line trolls, or raving fanatics. They no longer discuss they either attack or defend. Asking tough questions gets you attacked for not following a party line. Sometimes it feels like these forums are getting packed with idiots, and intelligent posters are dumbing themselves down out of frustration.

I think the mods have a responsibility to clear the dead wood from the forest so intelligent conversation can flourish. We have enough intelligent registered posters to have wonderful discussion they are just getting choked off by vocal idiots. After all why post when a thread is filled with garbage, and if you do post something intelligent it will get ignored, or you will be attacked by a dozen raving idiots.

We need to move beyond fixture posters as well. There are too many posters being used to fill a roster as it were. Too few Sony posters so the likes of Leo-j or Diomedes are permitted to stay. How does this help it makes a entire player base look like lunatics. I would also wager its scaring away intelligent Playstation fans. The same holds true for some Wii fans. We know the ones that every post lists of five games, and that is all they ever talk about. Never vary by a decibel just the same point over and over and over and over again.

I would say to the original poster take a hard line stance. Hold posters to a higher standard, and use your hammer with authority. You might be disliked for a time, but these forums are getting out of hand. I read many of the threads you mentioned, and they were chalk full of idiotic attacking fanatics with no basis for comment.

We have no need to keep posters like this around. Not smart enough to provide discussion. So fanatical they cannot concede critical points. With only an intent to spread propaganda. They make a mockery of the community they support. They disrespect the community by not having the decency to make for better discussion. Then at the end of the day they rinse and repeat going nowhere. They are actually driving potential posters away from this site.

I have to agree with those who say the Hot Topics are part of the problem. I try not to be a jerk, but I'll admit that I just jump into the forum through the hot topics without knowing which one it is at all. Perhaps an indicator showing which forum each topic is from....because I agree with Faxanadu, it's fun how Hot Topics just smashes all the forums together on the home page.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I think the problem is this 360 fans are on average are far more mature then their fan brethren loyal to other consoles. They usually seem to be more intelligent, and less prone to juvenile behavior. What we need is to find a way to bring up the standards for the other two camps. That starts with some heavy banning. We have far too many posters in both of those camps that neither contribute anything meaningful, and more often then not only post to cause problems.

We have posters making blatantly uninformed statements. Whipping out one liners. Engaging in personal feuds. Flame baiting, and troll baiting. We have almost no detailed analysis. Fanaticism is no replacement for facts, figures, and cited sources. We do not even have common courtesy in many instances. When a console manufacturer does something right they should be commended whether you like that particular console or not.

The problems have actually gotten worse. Posters I once considered well worth reading have degenerated into posters that are border line trolls, or raving fanatics. They no longer discuss they either attack or defend. Asking tough questions gets you attacked for not following a party line. Sometimes it feels like these forums are getting packed with idiots, and intelligent posters are dumbing themselves down out of frustration.

I think the mods have a responsibility to clear the dead wood from the forest so intelligent conversation can flourish. We have enough intelligent registered posters to have wonderful discussion they are just getting choked off by vocal idiots. After all why post when a thread is filled with garbage, and if you do post something intelligent it will get ignored, or you will be attacked by a dozen raving idiots.

We need to move beyond fixture posters as well. There are too many posters being used to fill a roster as it were. Too few Sony posters so the likes of Leo-j or Diomedes are permitted to stay. How does this help it makes a entire player base look like lunatics. I would also wager its scaring away intelligent Playstation fans. The same holds true for some Wii fans. We know the ones that every post lists of five games, and that is all they ever talk about. Never vary by a decibel just the same point over and over and over and over again.

I would say to the original poster take a hard line stance. Hold posters to a higher standard, and use your hammer with authority. You might be disliked for a time, but these forums are getting out of hand. I read many of the threads you mentioned, and they were chalk full of idiotic attacking fanatics with no basis for comment.

We have no need to keep posters like this around. Not smart enough to provide discussion. So fanatical they cannot concede critical points. With only an intent to spread propaganda. They make a mockery of the community they support. They disrespect the community by not having the decency to make for better discussion. Then at the end of the day they rinse and repeat going nowhere. They are actually driving potential posters away from this site.

Bravo!  Extremlly well stated!  If only everyone had your logic, this site'd be great.

Dodece said:
I think the problem is this 360 fans are on average are far more mature then their fan brethren loyal to other consoles. They usually seem to be more intelligent, and less prone to juvenile behavior. 

ARE YOU KIDDING?!!

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON XBOX LIVE?!! 

sienster said:
This forum is definitely pro Wii, and I stated this within days of my first visit. I think most people are anti-360 from the posts that I read - not a lot of love. I do seem to see some anti-PS3 peops, but not quite as many. I rarely see any negative comments involving Wii.

PS - cdude1034 - the RRoD shouldn't be a source of anger as MS has addressed this issue. Send it in and get a new one.

I think the forums are pro Wii only because the world is pro Wii.  If it wasn't there would be something wrong...  Selling double as either other the other two consoles, it's only natural.  (Double 360 because it sold more in half the time, and double PS3 is right on the front page).

This is terrible.

The forums are fine.  We don't need restrictions, or more rules, or anything.

Let people say what they want.  If someone says something stupid, make sure you respond and make it show.  If things get out of hand and someone is acting like to a total obvious dumbass, then a mod needs to get involved.

There is no problem here.  People like what they like.  People say what they want to say.  If you have a problem with it, then too bad.

This forum has a lot of Wii fans.  So what.  The Wii is the dominant console on the market.  What do you expect?

The tastes and discussions of this forum do not, and should not, revolve around you.  If you don't enjoy the discussions and people who post on this forum, and you are not having a good time here, then leave.

What I suggest is that you stick up for the 360 whenever someone is mindlessly bashing it.  Get get some of your xbox live buddies into the site.  That is how you solve the problem... not by telling the community to change their tastes, talk about something they don't want to, and worst, suggesting that some sort of restrictions should be applied on who can say what where.  That's the last thing we need.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

@rol: mods these days...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.