By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only one getting tired of seeing so much X360 hate on this forum?

whatever said:
I still don't understand why anyone would care if a lot of people bash one console or another. Why take anything said against a hunk of metal and plastic personally?

Some people treat it like someone has disrespected a member of their family. What's the big deal? Go play the games you like.

QFT

Around the Network

Hey Stick, you are a MODERATOR. Try MODERATING. Warn people. give am bans. use your power.

however, i as a participant on this site have the right to doubt rumours or voice my opinion towards specific gaming consoles.

most of all, stop complaining, rather deal with it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Fax, and I just wanted to make sure, with this post, that I can do that.

Zucas - way to start the name calling against me, eh?

I'll lock this thread. 150 posts full of drama is enough for now.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I have some general, and long, points to make:

I hit most forums on this site and I frankly haven't noticed the great Wii monster that ruins any and every non-wii thread stickball. As Rol has pointed out, plenty of Wii threads get ruined or Wii-bashing threads started by Xbox/Ps3 fanboys. Maybe you do stay away from the Wii forum (the only charitable explanation for why you missed it) which means you don't exactly have a balanced perspective.

That's not to say to there isn't more Pro-Wii trolling than other types but there are reasons for that. As others have noticed, the largest share of gamers are now Wii owners. Contrary to how things are in Dodece's ivory tower most Wii owners seem to be adults (for example, myself, Rol, Fishyjoe, Naz, Onna, sorry if I forgot someone) and I would wager that most members of this forum are adults. I think also the heavy Pro-Wii attitude has something to do with Wii owners having to put up with the anti-Wii garbage most video game sites put out. In a sense then Wii owners use the internet to balance things out. Or perhaps the fact that most other video game forums seem to be dominated by 360 trolls causes more Wii owners to gravitate here (e.g., I got bashed all to hell by 360 trolls on the IGN Wii board for simply asking why Ubisoft made GRAW2 for the PSP but said it couldn't for the Wii).

I of course don't know the exact reasons but the best thing to do is to ban excessive trolls, and I mean universally accepted trolls not they hurt stickballs feelings and ruined his thread by not agreeing Halo 3 would sell 16 million "trolls", respond civilly and intelligently to other valid views and opinions, and ignore those who can't do the same but aren't completely off topic trolls or can't debate. However, banning people in the manner you speak of stickball would cause me, and I imagine a few others, to stop coming to this site. It would also poison the atmosphere since you and other mods have been guilty of the behavior you are criticizing and it would become a never ending "ban him he said Mario Galaxy was terrible in a Wii thread" and "no ban him, he said Bioshock sucked in a 360 thread".

Further, if the site bans markedly negative comments about the systems than what about banning markedly positive ones? Is there a real difference between a pro-Wii troll saying the Wii has the most fun games ever and him saying the 360 has the most boring games ever? Sure I guess the plan is to segregate each group into its own forum so the positive one doesn't hurt anyone's feelings but what's the point of segmenting VGChartz into 3 groups where everyone just agrees with each other all the time? VGChartz should focus on its fight with NPD and not pick another with its own members as well.

Lastly, as hinted above, practice what you preach there stickball before wanting to impose such a draconian system on this site. I have almost from my first days coming to this site considered you and ckmlb the most fanboyish and caustic mods. Are you going to banning yourself when you fall foul of your own rules? Indeed if this policy is going into effect I'd like to see ckmlb be the first to ban himself for his trollish response to a simple question in the news thread about Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. As I mention above and others have mentioned before, grow some thicker skin, get a sense of humor, and try to stay civil and rational in the fun whirling debates that sprout up on this site.

I would like to say though that I very mush would prefer bans for outright personal attacks brought back or more frequently utilized. That is something that has been going on too much and shouldn't be tolerated.