By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only one getting tired of seeing so much X360 hate on this forum?

mrstickball said:
Scotland - Posts like that are what I'm talking about.

Words of Wisdom - I understand the thick-skin thing. Part of me doesn't care about the fact of the anti-X360 stuff that goes on sometimes.

But....

If we want to get more users to the Xbox 360 forums, we have to stop some of the junk that goes on. I fully understand the fact the Wii is winning, and more people 'get on the boat', but with much succuess comes much responsibility from the Wii users....Which sometimes isn't showing up.

And again, here's the issue: Wii owners don't have to deal with people befouling their Nintendo forums, do they? I mean, I usually see threads about PS3 failues, X360 RROD, and such posts. But not so much for the Wii. Don't get me wrong, that's a great thing, but that's how it should be for all of us, not just the Nintendo camp.

On the other hand, we shouldn't go kicking people out of the MS forum because they share a constructive criticism of the 360 or MS, whether the post is completely on-topic or not. You'll be hard-pressed to find a thread on any forum with more than 50 posts that has stayed completely on topic the entire time. Other discussions are bound to spring up and they shouldn't be squashed if the person is approaching the conversation in a rational and civilized manner.

If that were the case, I'd have to kick myself out of the forum over the RRoD, DLC pricing, or a myriad of other quibbles I have with the console.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mrstickball said:

Words of Wisdom - I understand the thick-skin thing. Part of me doesn't care about the fact of the anti-X360 stuff that goes on sometimes.

But....

If we want to get more users to the Xbox 360 forums, we have to stop some of the junk that goes on. I fully understand the fact the Wii is winning, and more people 'get on the boat', but with much succuess comes much responsibility from the Wii users....Which sometimes isn't showing up.

And again, here's the issue: Wii owners don't have to deal with people befouling their Nintendo forums, do they? I mean, I usually see threads about PS3 failues, X360 RROD, and such posts. But not so much for the Wii. Don't get me wrong, that's a great thing, but that's how it should be for all of us, not just the Nintendo camp.

We had tons of threads and flame posts like:

• 3rd party games don't sell on the Wii
  • Where are the real games?
  • Nintendo is abandoning the hardcore gamers
  • Nintendo games are for kids
  • Super Mario Galaxy is a 7 hours game
  • Nintendo is ruining gaming as we know it
  • Is Nintendo getting too much credit for saving videogames?
  • Kiss your good old hard Nintendo games good bye
  • The Wii is full of mini games
  • All Nintendo does is rehashing their franchises
  • Nintendo's new IPs don't count, because I don't like them

Some of these titles (don't know about the content) are not so far off the reality.

I think people need to stop bitching and whining and instead of complaining jsut debate it. Be a fucking man and stand up to it. Don't sit here and whine in this topic. If you got a problem with wii fans or Sony fans or 360 fans being bias then call them out. Don't maek a topic like this whining about how its unfair. Stand up and be a man.

I have to hear all kinda shit on my main forum about bad things for Wii or bad things about games I like on all consoles. Do I whine and bitch. No I call them out and make them cry through arguing. Do the same.

Just_Ben said:
RolStoppable said:
mrstickball said:

But....

We had tons of threads and flame posts like:

• 3rd party games don't sell on the Wii
  • Where are the real games?
  • Nintendo is abandoning the hardcore gamers
  • Nintendo games are for kids
  • Super Mario Galaxy is a 7 hours game
  • Nintendo is ruining gaming as we know it
  • Is Nintendo getting too much credit for saving videogames?
  • Kiss your good old hard Nintendo games good bye
  • The Wii is full of mini games
  • All Nintendo does is rehashing their franchises
  • Nintendo's new IPs don't count, because I don't like them

Some of these titles (don't know about the content) are not so far off the reality.

You could say the same thing about most of the 360/PS3 troll comments/topics in question. 

Yep bias idiotic fanboyism goes all ways. Just have to deal with it or knock it down through your own arguements. Otherwise topics like this are worthless.

Around the Network

There are a lot of 14-18 year old fanboys posting on vgchartz that have probably either been banned on other forums for their trolling or know they can't troll as much on other forums without getting banned.
Here at vgchartz the mods are more lenient. Just the fact that leo-j is still around proves this point.

What this site needs is:
-Increased vigilance from mods
-An "IGNORE USER" button

Note: I don't think this is a problem specific to PS3 or Wii fanboys, it's just that there are more Wii and PS3 owners on vgchartz than 360 owners. 

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

@Just_Ben

As are some of the complaints about the 360 - however, grinding the same ten facts that range from almost-truths to fabrications into every thread, no matter the relevance, (for example talking about the fact 360 has primarily shooters, or the hardware failure issues, etc. - not far from the truth, just usually used in petulant and inflammatory ways), is trolling, side-tracking, and an issue.

But even more ya just can't tell people that they can't say negative things about something. Otherwise we'd have a dictorship here. I mean people are allowed to say what they want. As long as it doesn't go far enough as trolling. If I want to say that Halo 3 was a great game not a legendary one hell I'll say it. If I want to say PS3 has no good games I'll say it. If I want to say Wii's online is the worst of the 3 I'll say it. People can say what they want about each console as long as it isn't to the point of trolling.

Only time they can't say negative things is if the author of hte topic says not to. Such as if it's a hype thread or whatnot. Otherwise its fair game across the board.

I still don't understand why anyone would care if a lot of people bash one console or another. Why take anything said against a hunk of metal and plastic personally?

Some people treat it like someone has disrespected a member of their family. What's the big deal? Go play the games you like.

mrstickball said:

But....

And again, here's the issue: Wii owners don't have to deal with people befouling their Nintendo forums, do they? I mean
, I usually see threads about PS3 failues, X360 RROD, and such posts. But not so much for the Wii. Don't get me wrong, that's a great thing, but that's how it should be for all of us, not just the Nintendo camp.

I'm sorry, but Wii owners made a freaking BINGO BOARD for all the crap they have to deal with.

360 owners have nothing on that.