By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only one getting tired of seeing so much X360 hate on this forum?

ioi said:
I think everybody need to calm down and count to ten.

I am not going to start getting involved in specific debates.

This started as a thread about people using a console-specific forum in the wrong way and that is part of what mods are here to watch over. This is not a problem specific to Xbox360 - it has been as prominent on the Nintendo and Sony forums in the past.

Let me make this clear.

IN THE GENERAL GAMING FORUM YOU CAN DISCUSS WHATEVER YOU WANT (within reason) - CONSOLE WARS, GT vs FORZA, WHY R&C IS BETTER THAN SMG ETC. IT IS A GENERAL FORUM.

IF A TOPIC IS POSTED IN A MANUFACTURER-SPECIFIC FORUM THEN THE FOLLOWING POSTS HAVE TO STAY ON TOPIC. THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE MICROSOFT FORUM TO BRING WII /PS3 DEBATES.

It is a simple rule. It doesn't hinder freedom of speech, it doesn't restrict people it just makes a strong distinction between what the different forums are to be used for.

Anyone not sticking to this is going against forum rules.

Aside from that, there will always be Wii fans, Xbox fans, PS fans and they will always argue and discuss issues. As long as discussion remains civil and intelligent then I have no problem.

Mods should be aware of when a line is crossed - if not then talk to myself, Stof or Benkenobi.

ioi

and what do you expect us mods to do to derailers? 1-day ban? modify post?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Dodece said:
Avalach21 said:
Dodece said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Dodece said:
I think the problem is this 360 fans are on average are far more mature then their fan brethren loyal to other consoles. They usually seem to be more intelligent, and less prone to juvenile behavior.

ARE YOU KIDDING?!!

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON XBOX LIVE?!!

Thank you for illustrating my point.

No, I think he created his own point that puts a lot of holes in your own. Really, answer his question instead of a smug response. Have you ever tried to communicate with people over X Box live?

Thank you for illustrating my point again, but seeing as the answer is not obvious to you I will explain. See we are on this website called vgchartz. Xbox Live is a service plan. Your probably referring to a voice chat setting in some game where the players love to trash talk. That is actually off topic and combative. Way to insult this community by comparing it to that community, and way to stray from the topic at hand by tossing out insults. Once again thank you for illustrating my point again, and please scream a reply in all caps since that is such a civil way to behave.

Actually, if you think he's not acting intellegently he's disproving your point.  As it's generally been Montana's opinion that the 360 is currently the best videogame console out there to date.

I think the idea of color-coding the hot topics for forums would be a great step. Deleting, or having to modify alot of stuff for the hot topics on the front page might be difficult.

More than anything, I just want clarity on what I can do, and just to dialogue on what we can and should do. I wasn't cherrypicking posts about the hate issues. I can give probably 5 threads made in the past 5 days with some sort of negative, trolling, or derailing issues from people that don't typically post on the MS forums.

And I can assume that if the VGC ever had an influx of X360 owners, the same negative issues could easily start to hamper any other manufacturer forum.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Also... a lot of trolling, while still trolling is often on topic.

For example, someone will say "This is going to be the best game ever." Then someone else comparing games from other consoles would be on topic.

Just like that Atlus thread where somebody said the 360 was the best RPG console. The minute someone said that... arguements to the contrary were infact on topic. It would of only been a problem if someone said out of nowhere "The Wii has better rpgs!" that really would kinda be on topic, but kinda pointless. Otherwise if you disagree with that position you have to let it stand... and you can disagree with a position that "X system is the best for X" without being a fanboy of another system, but can't argue againt said position unless you actually bring up other systems.

I mean, if you can only post positive things in the manufactures section that's really a silly thing.

What i meant was... i bet you can find similar behavior in most threads where consoles are being compaired...

I mean look at the bowling thread SSJ just opened where the first comment is one by Stof about Miis.

Around the Network

hmm, nevermind.

Also, if it seems like there are more Wii trolls then other trolls, that'd probably be because there are more wii fans on the site. If trolling is naturally distributed there is obviously going to be more wii trolls then other trolls because there are more wii users. That and they don't seem to get banned as much... I think because they actually post some usefull stuff occasionally too as opposed to your KGBers and Hus people.

As far as i can tell there are less 360 fans... infact more seem to be Mods then arn't mods... and when you are a Mod you can't troll as much. Or atleast you can't get called on it as much. There are a few Xbox people who love to troll, but they often do so much positive stuff on the 360 forum it's let slide. See Legend and the "Best Ranked games of all time" thread.

i reckon there nothing but hate for x box 360 cause you gaming people are vex that Microsoft has jump into the gaming world and you guys think they are selfish for doing that cus they control pc software (everyone has windows xp or vista now like everyone has a tv) world that is why everyone hates the 360 cus you guys believe that Microsoft is going to take control. When it sony that is screwing it up with their home entertainment system blu ray lalalalala who cares I care about games that why halo 3 smg THEY ARE FUN game not a blu ray lalallalala.

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

kopboi said:
i reckon there nothing but hate for x box 360 cause you gaming people are vex that Microsoft has jump into the gaming world and you guys think they are selfish for doing that cus they control pc software (everyone has windows xp or vista now like everyone has a tv) world that is why everyone hates the 360 cus you guys believe that Microsoft is going to take control. When it sony that is screwing it up with their home entertainment system blu ray lalalalala who cares I care about games that why halo 3 smg THEY ARE FUN game not a blu ray lalallalala.

See... when someone makes a post like this... just ban them.  Seriously. 

I might as well. No one will miss him.

Uhhh, 2k posts?!

Woo hoo!