By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers Up!! Mar 6, 2010

PSP in Japan still seems like an unnaturally big jump. I know MC already reported similar figures, but I'm eager to see what Famitsu and Denegeki say...

edit: okay, just saw that there were multiple new PSP SKUs released this week.  Dengeki reports 62k for the week with 40% of sales coming from the new SKUs... makes more sense now, given that the best selling new PSP game (another .hack spinoff) didn't even sell 62k itself.

Around the Network

Were there any notable PSP releases lately? Apart from God Eater I can't really remember anything else. Anyway the numbers looks like last week, and the week before that, and the week before that.

Xbox is losing ground in EU, while going stronger in NA. PS3 and Wii both impressive with these "shortages". I just wonder how much would they sell if they were available.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

CGI-Quality said:
Demotruk said:
Good job Wii. I knew you could do it.

Last year:

DS 324,976
Wii 291,039
PSP 185,303
PS3 171,725
360 163,913
PS2 84,610

Wii up ~15K, PS3 up ~25K, 360 down ~9K

The PS3 beat the 360 this week last year? O.o

There was a niche little release in Japan that gave it a boost. RE5.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Very healthy PS3 numbers WW. Very healthy 360 number in the states. Wii, is Wii.

If it werent for Japan the PSP would be dead and with Japan it pretty much is. Sony needs to announce the PSP2 at E3, scrap all the freaking models, sell one with a purpose please.

holy damn good 30k increase for wii, whats with that console anyway? has it got a torpedo up its arse to make it keep selling? lol

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:
Wii will hit 70 million mid April :P

fixed it ;)

Is it just me, or is it funny that the week that MW2 finally gets knocked out of the Top 10 is the same week that BFBC2 launches... :D

PSP is turning a big dilemma for Sony right now,is selling very good on Japan but is almost dead on US,on EU is just barely ok.

Time for PSP2?if it is then Sony have to see what they have to improve and offer,DS2 and all the Apple portable line would being very strong as now.

Either thing,I'm very happy with my PSP right now and waiting for MGS PW, FF XIII Agito,PE 3 and the exclusive game from RE series.

Great number all around @OT7 i think Sony can afford to delay PSP2 announcement even after E3 they can probably see what DS2 and Apple portable offer and maybe if possible offer something more or "fix" it to undo what they might be doing like PSP Go??.

Nice numbers all round. PSP2 shouldnt be released til its dying in Japan lol