By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - School cancels prom because of lesbian student... say what?!

It's too bad all the rest of the students have to miss out because of some lesbian.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
Tyrannical said:
It's too bad all the rest of the students have to miss out because of some lesbian.

Oh yeah, it's totally the lesbian girl's fault. Not the fault of any of the people who made any of the decisions with the rules and canceling the prom. It's her fault for choosing to be a lesbian and personally requesting the cancelation of the prom.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

burgerstein said:
Tyrannical said:

Oh yeah, it's totally the lesbian girl's fault. Not the fault of any of the people who made any of the decisions with the rules and canceling the prom. It's her fault for choosing to be a lesbian and personally requesting the cancelation of the prom.

Some people really will see that as the facts.

Kasz216 said:
O-D-C said:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/11/mississippi.prom.suit/index.html?hpt=T2 

how backwards thinking of a school system is this?

Well it is Mississippi.

If your not familiar with Mississippi... the rest of the south makes fun of Mississippi for being Rednecks or so I hear.

Prom is overrated though... all school dances are.  2-4 hours of sitting around... eating some ok food and then dancing robotically with no fun unless you want the chaperones to get on your asses.

Indeed. It's bad whenever people most considered 'redneck' or 'backwoods' types think Mississippi is the exception.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

burgerstein said:
Tyrannical said:

To be fair, i'm pretty sure Tyranical is a joke account that just posts this stuff to get banned and get a rise out of people.  I mean... isn't his avatar the president from the west wing?  Aka Charlie sheen?   Or am I wrong and it's just a young Buchanon?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
burgerstein said:
Tyrannical said:

To be fair, i'm pretty sure Tyranical is a joke account that just posts this stuff to get banned and get a rise out of people.  I mean... isn't his avatar the president from the west wing?  Aka Charlie sheen?   Or am I wrong and it's just a young Buchanon?

looks like Buchanon to me

Games4Fun said:
Kasz216 said:
burgerstein said:
Tyrannical said:

looks like Buchanon to me

Could be... they look a lot a like.  I miss when he and that one lesbian woman who has her own show worked together.  They balanced each other out fairly well and actually were willing to admit when the other made a good point.  Apart they skew so farther to both extremes.

Even I, a UK blokey, saw Mississippi and thought 'Oh'. Saw the article on the BBC website.

It seems very fair that the girl went to the correct people and asked if she could bring her date and wear the tux. Schools policy is a weird one.

Hmm, pie.

I don't think she should be allowed to go in a tux. The dress code for a function is tux/suit for boys, dresses for girls.