By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - School cancels prom because of lesbian student... say what?!

Boutros said:
O_o

"At the center of the lawsuit is a memorandum from the school to students, dated February 5, which states that prom dates must be of the opposite sex."

How archaic is that.

I agree with the memo and the legal action but the prom should not have been cancelled because of one incident.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Boutros said:
O_o

"At the center of the lawsuit is a memorandum from the school to students, dated February 5, which states that prom dates must be of the opposite sex."

How archaic is that.

I agree with the memo and the legal action but the prom should not have been cancelled because of one incident.

You agree with that idea that prom dates should always be the opposite sex?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I'm not going to make any Mississippi jokes, but I'm from Louisiana, and even we make Mississippi jokes.

I think their education system is pretty consistently ranked as the worst in the country, though we wrestle with them for it! Us and Alabama.

dtewi said:
halogamer1989 said:
Boutros said:
O_o

How archaic is that.

You agree with that idea that prom dates should always be the opposite sex?

Yes, but I think that is quite the archaic view from the viewpoints of the Euros and progressives here.  Call me old-school...

And please spare me the you are a homophobic Nazi ad nauseums that you may type b/c I will not respond to it.

Khuutra said:
I'm not going to make any Mississippi jokes, but I'm from Louisiana, and even we make Mississippi jokes.

I think their education system is pretty consistently ranked as the worst in the country, though we wrestle with them for it! Us and Alabama.

Oh come on, the Waterboy's set in Mississippi. I was sure you would have made a joke using that.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Boutros said:
O_o

How archaic is that.

So you agree with the actions of the school, but you also agree with the fact that the school is being sued for it?

Khuutra said:
halogamer1989 said:
Boutros said:
O_o

How archaic is that.

So you agree with the actions of the school, but you also agree with the fact that the school is being sued for it?

No I don't. Read man.  I think that the cancellation was stupid but they have the right to reserve judgement about the course of action for its own activities.  That should be pretty straightforward, imo.

dtewi said:
Khuutra said:

Oh come on, the Waterboy's set in Mississippi. I was sure you would have made a joke using that.

....the Waterboy is set in Louisiana, dtewi. You're killing me!

@halogamer1989:

So you don't really see the school system as being an extension of the government, then? I mean, you can't, otherwise this actually would be trampling on somebody's rights

Khuutra said:

Right on all accounts.  So your from Lousiana... no wonder you went to Canada and aren't coming back.

I remember one time I was in Alabama or Georgia... on my way to Disney world with my family and a friend...

I went to get a list of the movies you could order on the TV... and the lady asked my friend and I if we could read.

I was in the 5th-6th grade.

It was really ironic for me... since I could actually read before kintergarden.

Khuutra said:
dtewi said:
Khuutra said:

....the Waterboy is set in Louisiana, dtewi. You're killing me!

@halogamer1989:

So you don't really see the school system as being an extension of the government, then? I mean, you can't, otherwise this actually would be trampling on somebody's rights

Eh? Aren't they called the Mississippi Muddogs though?

Wouldn't make sense for little Bobby to be able to travel so far every day.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you