By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Molyneux: Fable III needs 5 million sales!

The relationship to Natal could drive a few more sales. Perhaps he knows something we don't :)

Around the Network

I found Fable 2 to be a huge improvement over Fable 1. If Fable 3 is another huge improvment, then maybe it can do 5 million. Counting packins, and greates hits edition.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

it should, the series deserves high sales, its a great WRPG

sadly not all games end up getting the sales they deserve

mM

As of right now? I don't see it happening.

Maybe if the game is awesome and is marketed is a large extent, then maybe.

That is going to be tough...but I think it's possible, especially if it is bundled. The install base has grown, and if they can have some meaningful integration of Natal into the Game, that might be the extra push needed to get the additional sales.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

It doesn't need to sell 5M copies, he just wants to sell 5M and he wants to bathe in money. I guess it means they've cracked over 10M sales for Microsoft since they were bought which is I dunno at least 500M revenue.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

I wasn't aware fable3 was on the xbox according to the article I know fable 1 was.

I think that depends whether Microsoft is willing to bust out their checkbooks for a massive marketing campaign.

Im really not a huge fan of peter molyneux or the games he has designed, he seems to come up with some great concepts but i think he needs someone higher than him who can just goto him and say look dude thats not gonna work etc.

In short no i dont think fable 3 will sell that well i dont think it appeals to what people want to play atm

I don't see it happening unless they advertise the hell out of it...not cuz it's a bad game but it's not 'that' mainstream 'imo'

But here's hoping it will be a good game...who cares about sales

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!