By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 vs other JRPG's this gen

Eternal Sonata is 79 on meta?!

I call BS. that game is truly one of the worst and most boring RPGs I've played this gen IMO. It deserves much less.

some critics are really being unfair to FF13 but I'll judge it myself after I get it this weekend.

Around the Network

Well, Mario and Luigi is a JRPG and got a 90.

So I guess 30 hours of movies are not that popular anymore.

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
actually the critics were waiting the god to come and that 's the mistake in the first place the huge expectations for FF13

Honestly I don't know what were they expecting, from everything we knew before it was supposed to be mix of FFVII and FFX which were both pretty much straight forward with emphasis on storytelling. I was personally expecting more of a movie like Advent Children rather than game.

Now the questions is, if FFXIII managed to pull that off. I just hope the gameplay isn't boring, as many make it to be.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Hey, Lost Odyssey was epic. If its scoring higher than that, I'm definitely going to enjoy it!

kowenicki said:
@libellule

it is an RPG. if not.. what is it? give me a genre and name some games in the same genre.

Not a true RPG, action RPG or the like but not a true FF RPG.

Around the Network
andremop said:
Well, Mario and Luigi is a JRPG and got a 90.

So I guess 30 hours of movies are not that popular anymore.

Maybe not popular with the press, but gamers still love it. At least that's what the sales numbers say 

As for JRPGs:Lost Odyssey and Demon's Souls>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFXIII

Even the FFXIII producer said that it's probably not a JRPG, it lacks a lot of JRPG elements.

kowenicki said:
LO and FFXIII deserve over 90.

I don't know if I would go that far. The game was definitely under-rated, but it had more than a handful of issues on the technical side. Still, one of the best JRPGs released this gen. I'd rank it second best behind Pokemon D/P/Pt personally.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Mario&Luigi 3 ftw

if you installed all the discs LO was fine