By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fils-Aime on Wii 2: “We’re not there yet”

Mr Khan said:

I thought we learned the lesson about off-the-shelf parts from the original Xbox. Though that was more a case of them not moving to own their actual parts.

The lesson was make the contracts ameniable to your needs, not that off the shelf parts are bad. The PS3 for instance uses an off the shelf CPU and GPU if you consider the use of the Cell in servers and G71/70 as desktop parts for Nvidia.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
Europeisnotcool said:
1 - Nintendo 1,440,361
2 - Sony Computer Entertainment 873,909
3 - Electronic Arts 711,144
4 - Sega 680,096
5 - Activision 614,715

And note that Nintendo has released nothing for months. "perhaps"? That's all I needed to know about the author of this article. One thing this generation has tought me, is that gaming "journalists" are a bunch of megalomaniac cry-babies.

F' 'em, and their bullshit.

I'd change megalomaniac with delusional, but otherwise the same. They refuse to get why the Wii is a hit, think playing copycat will magically make the HD systems more relevant, and complain when a game sells differently than they think it should.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:

I'd change megalomaniac with delusional, but otherwise the same. They refuse to get why the Wii is a hit, think playing copycat will magically make the HD systems more relevant, and complain when a game sells differently than they think it should.

There are probably more people playing games on Facebook than there will ever be playing on the Xbox 360 and PS3 combined at the height of their adoption. Very short sighted I say!

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

i think nintendo is going insane about wii HD talk... i still don't get why people talk about HD wii when the original is selling

Siko1989 said:
i think nintendo is going insane about wii HD talk... i still don't get why people talk about HD wii when the original is selling

Because they don't want it to sell, and are hoping this can magically make it stop, or at least stop investors from telling them to make games for the Wii by going "just wait until the Wii HD and we'll make games for that" (which is most likely a lie and the investors will have to make them accept that system as well).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs