By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why can't Nintendo just sue Sony for imitation?

M.U.G.E.N said:
Hisiru said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
answer is simple: they didn't invent motion controllers....just because the shape is similar doesn't mean it uses the same tech and as far as I have seen the Move is much more responsive as well...so no they can't sue Sony and if they do they will lose easily.....

Huh? Much more responsive than what? Wii Motion Plus is 1x1, you can't have something better than 1x1. The "Move" is similar to the Motion Plus or worse, but it's impossible to be more responsive.

Ok so I HAVE played Wii games...plenty of times...but there are times the moment I move eve nthe slightest away from the range the whole game messes up....we already got testimony on how the camera can guess and act acording to sudden changes in movement in such situations...Wii just can't do that

So it is better when you leave the room anywho I think I know what you mean. As in if you point straight up etc etc? I have accidently done that before while playing and trying to grab a drink, but it has not hurt the actual gameplay in any worse way then hey I was grabbing a drink or w/e.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Hisiru said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
answer is simple: they didn't invent motion controllers....just because the shape is similar doesn't mean it uses the same tech and as far as I have seen the Move is much more responsive as well...so no they can't sue Sony and if they do they will lose easily.....

Huh? Much more responsive than what? Wii Motion Plus is 1x1, you can't have something better than 1x1. The "Move" is similar to the Motion Plus or worse, but it's impossible to be more responsive.

Ok so I HAVE played Wii games...plenty of times...but there are times the moment I move eve nthe slightest away from the range the whole game messes up....we already got testimony on how the camera can guess and act acording to sudden changes in movement in such situations...Wii just can't do that

Did you played a game using the Wii Motion Plus? Maybe that's the problem. As I said, the Wii Motion Plus is 1:1, you can't expect something better.

Games4Fun said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Hisiru said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

So it is better when you leave the room anywho I think I know what you mean. As in if you point straight up etc etc? I have accidently done that before while playing and trying to grab a drink, but it has not hurt the actual gameplay in any worse way then hey I was grabbing a drink or w/e.

:P it happens a lot if your going nuts competing with someone else the moment the wimote gets directed to a direction away from the console it just kinda stops almost :S really can be frustrating so I think the Move has tackled that part fantastically

and again let's wait until the games start coming shall we? then we can have a proper comparison

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nintendo only needs to innovate and keep the Wii name attached to their next console.

Microsoft and Sony can show new tech, but the reality is the Wii has dominated the market for the last three years and is a trusted name in terms of motion technology. The PS3 won't take off nor will MS unless It really strikes people as something very much owning and gets insane hype.

Either way time will tell, but I think Nintendo has the next generation in the bag as well, and seriously Nintendo is so far in the lead right now they have nothing to really worry about.

It's just that simple.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Hisiru said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

You're talking about certain games losing IR connection if your point the Wii remote away from the IR bar.   While it is true that some games have this problem and can cause the in game camera to spaz out, not all games have this issue.  It's simply a coding problem.   Eventually developers wised up and wrote in a camera lock code to prevent the camera from careening out of control if the IR camera on the Wii remote was move from viewing range fo the IR lights on the IR bar.

When you add in Wii Motion Plus to the mix, it becomes completely irrelevant as you may point the Wii remote anywhere you like and the system tracks it perfectly.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I only wish it was that easy

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Irony must be killing Sony fanbois right now.

And Sony doesn't have shame, what's new?

So, it seems the lil dildo, aka the nunchuk, aka the little analog controller which we don't know the name doesn't have motion.

I wonder if this is due to some Nintendo patent infringements and we won't see motion in the little controller because it is "last gen" as the rumble was in the initial PS3 controller.

Thoughts?

I'd like to post here some IGN comments on PS move:

- "There's no question that the PlayStation Move – the official name of Sony's long-in-development motion controller solution – has Nintendo to thank for its inspiration"

- "The PlayStation Move is a single, wireless remote control that bears incredible similarity to the Wii remote"

- "The unit even operates similarly to the Wii remote[...]" 

- "Thank you Nintendo for all your great ideas. Your pal, Sony." 

- "Sony really needed a better first-person shooter demonstration for the PlayStation Move and its uncreatively named Sub Controller (basically the Wii nunchuk ripoff)." 

Bamboleo said:
So, it seems the lil dildo, aka the nunchuk, aka the little analog controller which we don't know the name doesn't have motion.

I wonder if this is due to some Nintendo patent infringements and we won't see motion in the little controller because it is "last gen" as the rumble was in the initial PS3 controller.

Thoughts?

Maybe think a bit.

The lildo is just a more conftable alternative to using the normal controler while using the glowDo.  For game you need two hands with motion you use two glowDo's.