By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you hate Michael Patcher's sales predictions?

Do you hate Michael Patcher's sales predictions?

Yes 23 46.94%

No 26 53.06%

Total:49
Shanobi said:
fastyxx said:
His real job is internal, private predictions for companies/investors that pay him A LOT of money to do it. He's good at his job - he doesn't have to talk to the media at all, but he does because we like it. He's not getting paid for these comments, and his pay really depends on his performance, so his popularity or lack thereof doesn't do much for him.

We tend to hear the ones that are more bold. *shrug* I can't see how they would make much of a difference in your life either way.

Whether he gets paid or not, I don't know. 

But it does help his name recognition, and that helps to boost his client base, which is another way of saying that it does make him money.

I'm tired of him, but it's fun to read his bullshit. There's only one person I'd rather read predictions from, and that man is Chad Warden.

You do realize that if he was actually spouting bull to investors he would be out of a job, right? You don;t give him enough credit and frankly you sound pretentious and ignorant. And the people he is marketing to probably aren't surfing gaming fan sites. "Name recognition" by you, me, or anyone else here doesn't make him any money. I'm sure the majority of his clients don't game and are major movers on the market.

Around the Network

Love him or hate him, he's probably one of the few people that accurately predicted the scope of Modern Warfare 2's success (which was bigger than most of us could have imagined). Maybe he was just lucky.

MontanaHatchet said:
Love him or hate him, he's probably one of the few people that accurately predicted the scope of Modern Warfare 2's success (which was bigger than most of us could have imagined). Maybe he was just lucky.

Well he seems to predict everything so he finally got one prediction right. I mean, it is just natural. A lot of us bloggers make such predictions and we end up being more accurate than him!!! He seems to believe in the PS3 a lot, as his sales predictions for anything to do with the PS3 are waaaaaaay over board.  

Human contact, the final frontier.

I like his most Famous fail....That gamers didnt want online...He said Live would fail...

Theres better out there than him...he just has the media on his boat.

not all the time but alot of the time it seems like he just pulls his predicitons out of his ass.

Around the Network

He's not bad, I quiete like his Pach Attack show on gametrailers or even when he's host in the GT sitdown show.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

No. His predictions make for some of the more entertaining discussions on this site.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger