By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon- It's that good huh?

Naznatips said:

"Best Wii JRPG this year, better than Eternal Sonata and ToS2, and just as good as LO and BD on 360. Not as good as Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles, but a great game. Every Wii owner who loves RPGs should have this game."

No one has ever really discussed this game at all, and only from some review reading did I find out it was a Rogue game (one of little favorite niche genres). It will probably top out at 200k when things are all said and done, but I know there must be a couple VGCers who make up part of this number.

How is the game?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Havent played that game, but it looks awfully cute

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Nazna just lost all credibility when he said that Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were on the same level

(Where did he say this?)

Great game but tweo things:

1. As noted, it's a roguelike, which is most certainly not the same thing as an RPG. (They are, at best, cousins.)

2. It's very very very easy. Painfully so. (And by roguelike standards, it's Romper Room next to Shiren's (DS not Wii) 9th circle of Hell.)

It is pretty fun. High on the adorable scale. It is also pretty easy

Around the Network

he is right, that game was awesome its one of the best wii games. and also have fan favorite music

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Games4Fun said:
It is pretty fun. High on the adorable scale. It is also pretty easy

Hmm. The reviews kinda implied that beneath the cute exterior was a challenging interior.

It is about 25 hours though, so it shouldn't be THAT hard I guess.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Some of the special dungeons were pretty tough. Some set your maxlevel to 1.

All in all I found the game pretty fair for a rougelike. There are definately harder rougelikes out there (Baroque, Shiren). But not every game should be insanely tough. And for it cute looks it is definately tough enough.

It is cute alright. Yeah, actually is really cute. But I happened to find it boring, and I really wanted to like it. That's the reason I am having such a hard time deciding wheter to get Shiren for Wii or not.

People who say it's easy probably haven't finished the game yet.

The game can be pretty challenging, and it's really fun to play.