By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy NA Sales Predictions

endurance said:
kamil said:
What do you think about UK chart? SMG failed there to outsold Assasin Creed in its debut week and CoD4 in its 2nd week. And I'm talking only about Xbox 360 versions of those games. Does UK SMG dissapoitment mean that US debut also won't be spectacular?

it was realesed only for 2 days

So was assassin's creed...

Around the Network
kamil said:
What do you think about UK chart? SMG failed there to outsold Assasin Creed in its debut week and CoD4 in its 2nd week. And I'm talking only about Xbox 360 versions of those games. Does UK SMG dissapoitment mean that US debut also won't be spectacular?

No first of all SMG was only out for 2 days.  Secondly technically Wii still has a smaller userbase in UK than 360.  But most importantly only out for 2 days.  If next week it's dropped really far down the list then I guess time to show some concern.

Also all your shown in that is places, not numbers.  How do you know that the top 3 weren't seperated by 10k or less.  It's all speculative. 

kamil said:
Endurance: That doesn't make a big difference I think. Most games don't have full weeks in its debut and as we know sales go down sharply in first days.

yes but i still think its second week will be 2/3 of its first week

ioi said:
Well, this is purely a guess, but I think something like 600k for Galaxy and 350k Wiis were sold last week

holy shit

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ioi said:
Uk Super Mario Galaxy sales ~70k

lies!, pure lies!

Around the Network
ioi said:

thats not bad,so that means overall sales for smg in europe should be around 200k,not bad for 2 days

I'm gonna go conservative... 400k

endurance said:
ioi said:

thats not bad,so that means overall sales for smg in europe should be around 200k,not bad for 2 days

Not bad at all. 

What worries me is that everyone i tell about me and my Super Mario Galaxy experiences (they are good) are like:

Guy X: Hu?! Mario Galaxy, whatssthahhhat?!...

Me: Mario Galaxy, u don't know no freakin Mario?!

Guy X: The guy with the red hat?! He sucks...

Me: Wtf... U know that game is on no 1 on gamerankings?! That means: Best game ever...!

Guy X: So?! Mario is for little kids, Assasins creed is the bomb!!!...

Me: Whaha... Assasins creed has some huge flaws like the framrate issues or doing 9 times the same thing (murdering people that is) to finish the game... The game even got some 7'ish games...

Guy X: Whaha... The PU (the biggest gamemagazine in our country) gave it a 9,9 so shut up... They know what they're talkin about..

Me: Yeah, but they also advertise it 3 times in the same edition, scam?! And btw: Mario got a score of 10,0... So shut the fuck up... (me = PISSED :-@)... And im like, Mario Galaxy is THE BEST...It's freakin mario... It's from Nintendo EAD!

And the bastards won't freakin listen... They are like: Dude... Aren't u the guy who knows the pixelresolution the Wii is capable of?! And they all start to laugh...

Only the guys who own a Wii bought one, some i even had to tell the game was freakin out in stores...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! WHY DON'T U BASTARDS BUY MARIO?! Mankind has just hit a new low!

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:

What worries me is that everyone i tell about me and my Super Mario Galaxy experiences (they are good) are like:

Guy X: Hu?! Mario Galaxy, whatssthahhhat?!...

Me: Mario Galaxy, u don't know no freakin Mario?!

Guy X: The guy with the red hat?! He sucks...

Me: Wtf... U know that game is on no 1 on gamerankings?! That means: Best game ever...!

Guy X: So?! Mario is for little kids, Assasins creed is the bomb!!!...

Me: Whaha... Assasins creed has some huge flaws like the framrate issues or doing 9 times the same thing (murdering people that is) to finish the game... The game even got some 7'ish games...

Guy X: Whaha... The PU (the biggest gamemagazine in our country) gave it a 9,9 so shut up... They know what they're talkin about..

Me: Yeah, but they also advertise it 3 times in the same edition, scam?! And btw: Mario got a score of 10,0... So shut the fuck up... (me = PISSED :-@)... And im like, Mario Galaxy is THE BEST...It's freakin mario... It's from Nintendo EAD!

And the bastards won't freakin listen... They are like: Dude... Aren't u the guy who knows the pixelresolution the Wii is capable of?! And they all start to laugh...

Only the guys who own a Wii bought one, some i even had to tell the game was freakin out in stores...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! WHY DON'T U BASTARDS BUY MARIO?! Mankind has just hit a new low!

i completely hear ya, PU is filled with idiots that don't know nothing about games and have always been anti-nintendo, thats why i havent bought it in 3 years.