By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy NA Sales Predictions

ioi said:
Well, this is purely a guess, but I think something like 600k for Galaxy and 350k Wiis were sold last week

When does the data get in?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

350k Wiis last week. Tell me your not joking. That would be incredible. But not surprising at all.

But for Galaxy you know it's a tough call but not that tough. Mario is huge in America. I mean unlike, Japan which has started to decline in sales of Mario, Mario has always been huge in America.

Thus about 700k first week wouldn't be all that surprising at all.

So 700k first week is my guess. I mean I'd think the lowest first week would be 500k but I don't think you'll have to worry about the title bombing in America.

ioi said:
Well, this is purely a guess, but I think something like 600k for Galaxy and 350k Wiis were sold last week

That's a crapload of Wii's sold.

350k Wiis --> about 1.5-2 months of PS3s sold (worldwide). Amazing - and its not even Black Friday!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

What do you think about UK chart? SMG failed there to outsold Assasin Creed in its debut week and CoD4 in its 2nd week. And I'm talking only about Xbox 360 versions of those games. Does UK SMG dissapoitment mean that US debut also won't be spectacular?

Around the Network

500k-600k tops

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

500k first week.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

kamil said:
What do you think about UK chart? SMG failed there to outsold Assasin Creed in its debut week and CoD4 in its 2nd week. And I'm talking only about Xbox 360 versions of those games. Does UK SMG dissapoitment mean that US debut also won't be spectacular?

it was realesed only for 2 days

Mario Galaxy has already cracked 1.5 mil Software units sold... And that is more fact than fiction with the US and EU launch just mere days ago...

I guess, since it had a full week in the US, it is close or over 1 mil... And Wii at elevated sales of 240k... With next weeks sales (that's the Black Friday edition) of 430k sales... Just a wild guess though...

THE NETHERLANDS

Endurance: That doesn't make a big difference I think. Most games don't have full weeks in its debut and as we know sales go down sharply in first days.