By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HipHopGamer: God Of War 3 Deserves A 10 Not Bias Journalism

God of War 3 will be the highest rated PS3 game in 2010. It will finish with either a 95 or 96 on Metacritic.

Around the Network
perpride said:
Killzoned said:
IGN gave GOW3 an 8.5 Presentation? LOL seriously thats wrong
GOW3 has one of the amazing presentatio ever. I mean if ME2 receives a 10 in presentation then why shouldn't GOW3 receive a 10 aswell? ME2 IS the best RPG this generation for me but no way is its presentation as epic as GOW3.

Maybe the reason God of War god 8.5 is cause they were expecting a lot more from it than Mass Effect 2? I mean, Mass Effect 2's reviews kinda took most ppl off gaurd.

=S ME2 is my favourite game on the 360 but honestly it got kind of repetitive, it felt more of an action game then RPG because instead of exploration it was more of a stage base game (Planets). Great game overall and definitely do deserve a 10 in presentation but i just feel that GOW3 presentation outdo ME2, Am not saying graphically it beats ME2 am just saying how it was presented,ME2 had an extremely slow start.

"IGN gave GOW3 an 8.5 Presentation? LOL seriously thats wrong
GOW3 has one of the amazing presentatio ever. I mean if ME2 receives a 10 in presentation then why shouldn't GOW3 receive a 10 aswell? ME2 IS the best RPG this generation for me but no way is its presentation as epic as GOW3."

From IGN:

8.5 Presentation
The story is far from perfect, but huge props to Sony Santa Monica for once again including a ton of bonus content.

9.5 Graphics
It is at times the best-looking game ever, but not all assets were created equal. Still, you will be floored.

Maybe GoW3 did get "only" 8,5 points in Presentation, because IGN reviewer think that story in GoW3 wasn't as good in ME2? Do you disagree with that?

In Graphics department GoW3 did get 9.5 which is same as ME2 did get.,

If there is so much bias how come PS3 games have taken GOTY for 2 years in a row? And I haven't seen any bad scores for GoW 3 yet. He's complaining because it didn't get all 10s? I saw plenty of perfect scores for the game.

Daffy said:

"IGN gave GOW3 an 8.5 Presentation? LOL seriously thats wrong
GOW3 has one of the amazing presentatio ever. I mean if ME2 receives a 10 in presentation then why shouldn't GOW3 receive a 10 aswell? ME2 IS the best RPG this generation for me but no way is its presentation as epic as GOW3."

From IGN:

8.5 Presentation
The story is far from perfect, but huge props to Sony Santa Monica for once again including a ton of bonus content.

9.5 Graphics
It is at times the best-looking game ever, but not all assets were created equal. Still, you will be floored.

Maybe GoW3 did get "only" 8,5 points in Presentation, because IGN reviewer think that story in GoW3 wasn't as good in ME2? Do you disagree with that?

In Graphics department GoW3 did get 9.5 which is same as ME2 did get.,

The story in ME2 wasn't that great, it was the way they did the storytelling (ME1 story is way way better than ME2 story). I think that under presentation isn't only story by itself, but also the setting (mood, environment, characters) and the way it's presented (cinematic feel, immersion, emotions, asociations...) and ofcourse polish. From most reviews, these are the strongest aspects of GoW3 > i. e. epic scale, greek mythology, cinematic feel, chilling down your spine...

After all it's just an opinion of one reviewer, maybe he doesn't like the GoW series, maybe he does. It's not defining the quality of the title, GoW3 is the best hack'n'slash ever.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

Even a9.5 for graphics. The reviewer even said its the best looking game ever. But only a 9.5 but MW2 got a 10? You cannot say he knows what he is doing if he makes a comment like that, then gives it a lower score then a game that to be honest, wasn't that graphically good.

kratos is not a marine . think about it. americans reviwers are obsess with that (halo,ME,MW2,etc)its like gundam or Drangon Quest in Japan.

GOW3 deserves a 10 because??? it's refreshing and bring a whole lot of new ideas to the table?

Same old with prettier splash of paint does not deserve 10, nor any game that is a direct sequel or even the last part in a trilogy that has nothing new to a button masher.

Gear3 should not, nor should MGS4 ( that's the 4 game for god sakes) how much of the same content are we paying for with a different story and some gameplay changes...

When the next systems come out we'll be seeing MGS5..6 7.. FFXX...-_-', god..have we reach the point of no return? I am feeling sad even to see SMG2... Even Nintendo got caught in the sequel limbo. Pikmin3...

Anyways the point is, as a reviewer you base your review on some basic facts and to deserve a 10 means it is perfect and you feel its fresh, it raised the bar, brought something new. a whole lot must be taken into consideration. Not some fanboy of the series and say. YES!!! you've been waiting for this for ever. Looks prettier, plays the same, Kratos looks badass in HD... I don't see how you review an updated version of a game and say this is a 10.

See if the new LOZ gets a 10 that is a series, with ever changing gameplay mechanics and art style etc, but most of these games are same old with fresh coat of paint. IDk if i'm making sense.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

maximus22 said:
gustave154 said:
EDGE will give God Of War 3 a 5

Nah I'm betting Edge's score will be an 8 or 9.

We'll see....

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:
maximus22 said:
gustave154 said:
EDGE will give God Of War 3 a 5

Nah I'm betting Edge's score will be an 8 or 9.

We'll see....

I call either 8 or 7, they gave Uncharted 2 a 9 and GoW is very similar to the "one hell of a ride".

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising