By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HipHopGamer: God Of War 3 Deserves A 10 Not Bias Journalism

http://hiphopgamershow.ning.com/profiles/blogs/god-of-war-3-deserves-a-10-not 

watch the video, he makes some interesting points about god of war 3 reviews and other game reviews from ign and gamespot and i completely agree with what he says,what you guys think?

Around the Network

Trust me, if GoW3 had been a 360 Exclusive then it would stand at a 98 metacritic right now... sadly
its not fair but what can we do?

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

I do agree with some of his views... But imo he's full of shit and very biased.

I agree with a lot of what he said. Thats why I don't read reviews or even look at them. Hes right theres a lot of biased journalism happening over the last year or so and its not fair on the developers. Theres 5 or 6 games I can think of that didn't deserve the scores they got.

The most hillarious thing about some reviewers scores is, they'll take points away from a game for an issue like loading times but if you read a review by the same reviewer for a differant game that experiances the same type of loading times. They'll give mention of the loading times but not take points off there score. Like WTF.

You have websites like EDGE who give Heavy Rain a 7/10 and give Mario and Luigi:bowsers inside story a 9/10. I'm not saying Marios a bad game but come on really.

EDGE will give God Of War 3 a 5

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

I got to ask here same question than in N4G site when this article did come there.

I just wonder why some PS3 owners crying about "biased" reviews, when their favourite game doesn't get perfect 10 in every review? I don't see any "they are so biased" comments under Xbox360 or Wii game reviews even some games get really heavy "punishment" from reviewers.

For example I just love Mass Mass 1 & 2, but same time I can understand if some reviewer will give those games 9 , 8 or even 7 instead of perfect 10. Reviews are always based on personal preferences. Metacritic can give some direction how "good" game is, but in the end it's all about your personal preferences.

It's really strange why some PS3 owners are so eager to say which PS3 game should get perfect 10 and which Xbox 360 or Wii game shouldn't get perfect 10 and whole world should adapt their perspective of what kind of "a good game" should be.

IGN did give GoW3 "only" 9.3 because reviewer did think that too little has chanced since GoW and GoW2, game plot haven't get any better from GoW and Gow2 (and same time Heavy Rain and ME 1&2 has showed that it's possible to tell good stories in games) and it will last only 10 hours if you don't want to collect trophies or play challenges.

For die hard GoW fan game of course is worth of full 10, but why in h*ll call reviewer biased if he thinks that something isn't perfect in GoW3? I can understand that biased rubbish if reviewer would say that game is under all standards and give it 0 points, but 9.3 is VERY GOOD points and he has very valid reasons why he did remove those 0.7 points from perfect 10 in GoW3 review.

gustave154 said:
EDGE will give God Of War 3 a 5

Nah I'm betting Edge's score will be an 8 or 9.

I hate this site from the name alone. Good score though.

1. Where the hell are we going to when a 9.3/10 is a biased bad score?
  2. The Official Playstation magazine is biased then? It gave GoW3 a 9/10.
  3. HHG is a jerk.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Hiphop Gamer?

What the...