By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just got Final Fantasy XIII

Yeah great game so far.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I hate you all that are playing :(

10 more hours till I will get to play it... reading the instruction manual just isn't cutting it for me

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Played it yesterday, great so far! Haven't got that much into the game because it was getting late.

axumblade said:
Riachu said:
Just played for 3 hours striaght. The battle system is a lot of fun. Not commenting on the story or characters just yet but results are positive so far.

So far, I like all of the main characters. They're all flawed and I think that's one thing i appreciate about them. They almost feel like they're real people.

Not really a spoiler but at the same time, I figured I'd cover it up.

I agree. The characters seem very human, not super duper people who have no fears, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I am now 7 hours in and still on Chapter 4

Around the Network

Now I am 9 hours in at chapter 5's boss battle.

Spoiler below

WTF was with that Odin fight?!?!  I mean the whole game up to that point was so easy then that.. holy crap..  I actually had to grind :P  

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:

Spoiler below

WTF was with that Odin fight?!?!  I mean the whole game up to that point was so easy then that.. holy crap..  I actually had to grind :P  

Really, I didn't.  I just had Hope healing while Lightning did the fighting.

I am now near the end of chapter 7 with 14 hours

Riachu said:
Tanstalas said:

Spoiler below

Really, I didn't.  I just had Hope healing while Lightning did the fighting.

I am now near the end of chapter 7 with 14 hours

Yeah I didn't have to grind either, I did what you did.  Right now since I didn't play yesterday I'm still on Chapter 6, I can't wait to get the point where everything opens up.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I just got it about two hours ago. I played it for about 30 minutes, saved at the first save point, and turned it off. I looks like it's going to be epic! I'll play it tonight (and every free moment I get this weekend). Mass Effect 2, Resident Evil 5 DLC, Assassins Creed 2, and GTA Episodes From Liberty City are on hold until I beat it!