By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Namco working on Wii RPG

For those without wide monitors...

Around the Network

This game looks beautiful. Seeing some real art direction I can tell that the team working on it are definantly putting some care into their game.

Strange, it doesn't look like an RPG from the screenshots.  It looks more like an action/adventure game.

I was thinking the same thing Words of Wisdom. It looks like adventure/puzzle game to me. Any word on what type of battle system Fragile has?

Never heard of Action-Adventure/RPG?

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Strange, it doesn't look like an RPG from the screenshots. It looks more like an action/adventure game.

Yes, it is true and I like it ( I'm tired of stereotypes in JRPG ).  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Strange, it doesn't look like an RPG from the screenshots. It looks more like an action/adventure game.

The Japanese have a weird idea of what RPG means. Heck, they even consider Final Fantasy one! 

Don't go calling me a darn Wii fanboy here! I'm bashing FF as a fanboy of Baldur's Gate, Fallout and the other Bioware/Black Isle masterpieces. =P

Nintendownsmii said:
Never heard of Action-Adventure/RPG?

It's a distinction best characterized with Zelda.

You take the role of Link and play through a story.  In the loosest (or strictest depending on your POV) definition of RPG, Legend of Zelda games are RPGs.

However despite that, they have always been characterized as adventure games.  Not adventure/RPG, only adventure.

I don't really care what the label on a game is as the game will speak for itself, but mislabeling things early on can lead to a lot of confusion later.  Everyone has their own opinion on what an RPG is and their own expectations on what the gameplay in an RPG will be like.  I'd much rather not expect one thing only to find out something different later. 

Garcian Smith said:
Looks like the PS3 is really struggling in the RPG department. I doubt FFXIII will be able to stand up to the myriad quality offerings the Wii60 duo seem to be getting.

More unnecessary PS3 bashing great!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

^That may be the case but, This topic is in the Nintendo forum. I thought issue with the site was unnecessary off topic bashing in the opposing forums. Whether it be Wii Bashing in the Nintendo forum, 360 bashing in the Microsoft forum, or PS3 bashing in the Sony forum. BTW Sorry for getting off topic.