By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Namco working on Wii RPG

famousringo said:
Garcian Smith said:
Looks like the PS3 is really struggling in the RPG department. I doubt FFXIII will be able to stand up to the myriad quality offerings the Wii60 duo seem to be getting.

Honestly, the RPG genre is getting to be almost as overserved as the shooter genre.

Almost.

I'll agree with you there. The genre needs more Mass Effects and Persona 3s, and less Final Fantasy and Tales sequels (and their imitators). Just like the shooter genre needs less Halo and Half-Life clones.

@ Bodhesatva: Persona 4 hasn't been announced yet... has it?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

It's been announced for the PS3 i believe. Ahh Persona 3 was THE game, if my memory card still worked i could finish it :/

Seriously, people need to wait 'till 90% of the games they're talking about are here before they talk about genre flooding.

The Wii desperately needs RPGs but sadly it looks like they'll all be coming at once...

Soriku said:
Bodhesatva said:
Garcian Smith said:
Looks like the PS3 is really struggling in the RPG department. I doubt FFXIII will be able to stand up to the myriad quality offerings the Wii60 duo seem to be getting.

Definitely disagree. Final Fantasy XIII and FF XIII Vs. are both exclusives, and those are most likely the biggest RPGs coming to consoles in the next 3 years.

Also White Knight Story, which a lot of people are excited about, Persona 4, among others.

Persona 4 isn't announced yet. A Shin Megami Tensei is coming to PS3, but may not be Persona 4.

Actually there was a post from an event or something (can't find it =/) which said "The next Persona game is being developed for Sony's PS3" or something :/

gamingdevil said:
It's been announced for the PS3 i believe. Ahh Persona 3 was THE game, if my memory card still worked i could finish it :/

not was.. IS THE GAME... RPG of the year for sure... worth buying a memory card again :P

Around the Network

First scans by Famitsu :

It should be developed by Seven/Venus&Braves team and Tri-Crescendo.

EDIT : Mmmh this forum cut the scans if they are too large, what can I do ? 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Sigh, no one is interested in Fragile

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Hmm definitely looking forward to this one.

Soriku said:
Awesome! But the whole scan doesn't show. Give the link.

And what's the weapon lol? A stick?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=29926

gamingdevil said:
Hmm definitely looking forward to this one.

Same here. This is the dungeon crawler, right? The world needs more story-light RPGs where you can just dive into a dungeon and start fighting away. :)

Oh, and those screenshots look REALLY good. I especially love the dynamic-looking flashlight lighting.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom