By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I can't believe it (Wii sold out everywhere in Ireland and UK again)

You know it's funny here in America too. I actually was sent by my father to buy a Wii for his co-worker who was getting one for his kid. And I must have tried 5-6 stores and still none to be found. Those included gamestop, target, best buy, walmart, EB Games, and another gamestop. It actually surprised me really to still think they are sold out still.

Around the Network

I apologize in advance:

Oops, Wii did it again.

It's even more amazing that the Brain Training games are still in the top ten every week. It wouldn't surprise me if they were the top selling games of the year. I bet they will stay in the top ten through the holidays. Cooking Mama had a good run too.

NJ5 said:
@etuoyo: Some parts of your post make sense, but where's your evidence to say that it has little to do with Mario?

Well we can't have any clear evidence of that until the new UK charts come out and show that Mario has sold a ton.  Even then it won't explain why Wii is sold out.  Nintendo would surely have shipped more consoles last week to coincide with the release of Mario so even if it moved loads of hardware it would be additional hardware shipped by Nintendo.  With or without Mario, Wii would be sold out right now as people have been buying Wii early for christmas.

Having said all that it's not like Wii has been freely available throughout the year anyway.  Most times I've been into Woolworths (which is one of the main toy shops in the UK) this year they have had Wii out of stock signs.  Game, which is the biggest game selling shop in UK generally has had Wii in stock (at least since around June) but they dont sell the standard package of Wii plus Wii Sports.  Rather because demand has been so high throughout the year they force you to buy package deals for a much higher price and I have read that this is what many shops are doing now as christmas approaches.

NJ5 said:
@etuoyo: Some parts of your post make sense, but where's your evidence to say that it has little to do with Mario?

Well we can't have any clear evidence of that until the new UK charts come out and show that Mario has sold a ton.  Even then it won't explain why Wii is sold out.  Nintendo would surely have shipped more consoles last week to coincide with the release of Mario so even if it moved loads of hardware it would be additional hardware shipped by Nintendo.  With or without Mario, Wii would be sold out right now as people have been buying Wii early for christmas.

Having said all that it's not like Wii has been freely available throughout the year anyway.  Most times I've been into Woolworths (which is one of the main toy shops in the UK) this year they have had Wii out of stock signs.  Game, which is the biggest game selling shop in UK generally has had Wii in stock (at least since around June) but they dont sell the standard package of Wii plus Wii Sports.  Rather because demand has been so high throughout the year they force you to buy package deals for a much higher price and I have read that this is what many shops are doing now as christmas approaches.

Around the Network

well smg is a system seller

Hahaha. In Poland we have an abundance of Wii's as Nintendo has never really been seen as a mans' toy. Total bs to tell the truth but nonetheless if i were to start selling Wii's to uk mamas' i would be pretty damn rich by christmas day :D.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

It will be very, very interesting to see if Toys R Us gets another Wii shipment next sunday. Bod (who works here said they got 118 I believe) and there were a couple of other posts that said their local TRU got that many... There are about 600 toys r us stores in the U.S. If they all got a decent-sized shipment this weekend, well, that's a pretty good weekend. 60K if you assume they averaged 100 per store in one day though I suspect that is a bit high... I wonder if Wally World and other stores got a big chunk, too?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Getting a Wii in the UK at the moment is not easy, prices for them on EBay are going through the roof. Where I work I get asked about 15 times daily (just myself) if we have any in stock. When we get stock in about 20 units they are all gone within the hour.

Hey siberdib where's the MM Link I see to OOT Links though..