By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I can't believe it (Wii sold out everywhere in Ireland and UK again)

Wii has been readily available for the last number of months here in ireland and the UK (the markets are very similar in both taste and sales), But after mario galaxy, you cannot get a wii to save your life. There was a lot of wiis in the country, so for it to be sold out means that an awful lot of wiis has sold in a very short space of time. I don't want to be mean but you can readily get a ps3, both first and second hand :p.  I do think ps3 will have a resonable christmas, but again the wii will be the hot product go get.

Around the Network

Reggie @ Fox : "it's gonna be a Wii holiday"....

Ireland

Guiness,stout =D.

you must be mistaken, the wii is a fad and sales a dropping off. that's why 1/3 of japanese wii owners have stopped playing it. PS3 is where it's at. future proof and you play games in 4-D. Blurayz FTW.

I think November is shaping up to be a good month for the Wii. I can't imagine what December will be like. I hope Nintendo has set aside enough stock to win December and garner all that free press.

Around the Network

The reason it is sold out is because people heard they would be sold out for christmas and were sensible enough to buy them early to avoid disappointing their loved ones at christmas (a sort of stockpiling you could say just that it's done by the consumers rather than producers and retailers). It has very little if anything to do with the release of Mario. Here in the UK there are tons of news stories about frustrated mums not knowing where they are going to get a Wii for their children who have said that is what they want for their christmas present. There was a story about a mum who camped out several times until she was able to track down a Wii. She said she is going to be supermum this christmas.

@etuoyo: Some parts of your post make sense, but where's your evidence to say that it has little to do with Mario?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Trust me, I still see signs in shop windows, saying Wii's back in stock, but not for long... It's gonna be a good Xmas for all those at Nintendo Corp...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I'm not sure that I have ever seen Wii in stock

add me

wasnt there the thread about ordering on amazon.de and get the wii shipped to the uk? could anyone drop a memo to all the panicking moms?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.