By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else play the Monster Hunter Tri demo?

The assholes at the Gamestop near my job would NOT give out the demo without pre-ordering. I'll try some others in the area.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"The long sword is absolutely ridiculous once you start getting the hang of the R combo."

How do you do that (with the Wiimote)?

Seems slightly more complicated. First, use normal attacks to fill up the gauge. I normally wait until it is completely full because then it will not deplete for a little while. Then use the Z button to do the Spirit Blade combo. At the end of it, 3 attacks I think, hit a to do the roundslash that will up your damage gauge from silver -> gold -> red. You will know you completed it correctly since the sword will be re-sheathed. Pretty handy for resharpening on the fly.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"The long sword is absolutely ridiculous once you start getting the hang of the R combo."

Seems slightly more complicated. First, use normal attacks to fill up the gauge. I normally wait until it is completely full because then it will not deplete for a little while. Then use the Z button to do the Spirit Blade combo. At the end of it, 3 attacks I think, hit a to do the roundslash that will up your damage gauge from silver -> gold -> red. You will know you completed it correctly since the sword will be re-sheathed. Pretty handy for resharpening on the fly.

Which weapon and how do I do that combo?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

sounds just like the PSP version

basicallly boring & too hard.....I wanted this game though :(

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LordTheNightKnight said:
Gnizmo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Which weapon and how do I do that combo?

Uh, what? I am uncertain which parts are unclear. I explained pretty thoroughly.

@darth
Not that hard really. Boring is subjective though. It definitely requires you to pay attention and not screw around though.

Around the Network

No, you didn't state which weapon to use (the demo requires you to chose one from a selection), nor you do that combo.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

So, the demo is not available in Europe, right?

That's too bad, but at least I can continue playing Skies of Arcadia which arrived a few days ago.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

LordTheNightKnight said:
No, you didn't state which weapon to use (the demo requires you to chose one from a selection), nor you do that combo.

I am going to use parts of my original post only past this point.

long sword Then use the Z button to do the Spirit Blade combo, hit a to do the roundslash that will up your damage gauge

darthdevidem01 said:
sounds just like the PSP version

basicallly boring & too hard.....I wanted this game though :(

Trust me is way better than the PSP version , and i can be wrong but i think many guys here are not playing it right , cuz you see i played over 10 hours in of the japanese version , and it was not THAT hard as you guys are making the game looks , like ( but it can be a hard demo) i mean sure you that alone you WILL expand over 40min to beat a the huge first dragon-like-creature but it is pretty fun and the game never cheats on you if it is hard is hard cuz you are using the wrong weapon or a weak armor .

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

^^^

well, throwing me into the middle of a battle with no real instructions (ok, maybe there are some but I didn't exactly read the sheet it came with) is usually pretty hard. I mean, I got plenty of hits/combos in, I just expected him to die a little sooner than over 10 minutes of whacking at him, and my son was crying so I let myself die (I had more potions so I could have survived). Also, the group of tiny dinosaurs attacking me were really annoying.

I'll try the tips above when I try again.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)