By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else play the Monster Hunter Tri demo?

I beat the Qurupeco yesterday with the hammer. Movable charge attack came in handy, but our battle was interrupted by some huge dragon thing that flew in out of no where. That Qurupeco got the hell up out of there and the dragon came after me! Of course, I got away and completed the hunt.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
TX109 said:
@Games4Fun, heres a few tips

when your blade(including the hammer) looses damage, use a whetstone. just scroll through you inventory till you find it and use like you would a potion..only it takes longer and leaves you wide open. best use it out of combat.

if your gun runs out of it's currently equiped bullets, switch to a different kind. i dont know what control scheme you use, but if you use the wiimote press up or down on the D-pad.

hope this helps

O ok I was trying to figue out how to use my potions and stuff with my classic controller. I will try Wii mote plus Nunchuck later thanks

Oh sorry,I didnt know you were already using the classic controller. i was just reading the stuff about the wiimote off of the instruction poster that came with the demo. i use the classic controller cuz it is way easier and less awkward. sorry about that.

anywho, when you use the classic controller you need to hold down the L button to activate the item and ammo menu. then you just press the Y or A button to scroll sideways for items (press Y to use items when the menu isnt open), and X or B to scroll up or down for ammo if your using a bowgun.

:('''' I tried Gamestop again; they still won't give me the free demo...
I'm too much of a softee to ask for the manager.

*sigh*

Enjoy it guys

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

sounds fun, makes me wanna play monster hunter freedom unite. though if i recall it really was a hard game with few options, but still.

I thought it was an RPG of sorts at first but MH games are more like Action online games with some light rpg elements. no magic, no health meter, no skills or sp. still you guys are making it sound like demons souls 2, only with monsters, i'd like to play something like that.