By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else play the Monster Hunter Tri demo?

TopCat said:

EPIC!

The music at the end is win.

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
Hm I am curious. Are you able to play the whole game alone or do you have to join up online to do later missions??

Im pretty sure the whole game can be played solo. if you do play a solo game, you get some wacky little green thing as a partner. not sure what he's for though.

I believe i've found a clear favorite: long sword. The only one so far where i could bring down the Jaggi in under 10 minutes, and the only one i've tried that seems to have the edge in terms of both attack strength and agility

I've also tried Lance, Greatsword, Switch Axe, and Sword-shield, each of which had their own peculiar flaws. Lance merits playing too conservatively for my taste, sword-shield was too weak, Switch Axe lacked necessary defense (or agility to accomodate for it). Great-sword was probably my second favorite, but its just a touch too slow compared to what you end up with with longsword.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I killed the Jaggi with the Longsword. I think it's my favorite now too. Qurupeco, on the other hand, still eludes me. It will meet its end eventually.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I've beaten the first boss with about 6 of the weapons so far, but I can't beat the Q-bird thing for the life of me.
During the full game, there is a lot more to do. All the stuff you find in the ground and looting, can be sold, compined, smithed, etc to make new weapons, items, potions, defence upgrades, etc.
I have the feeling from this demo, that while you can play the whole thing alone, it will definatly be more fun and probably a bit easier playing online with a full crew. Setting up a team with different weapons and skills and strategy is gonna be the real life of this online. I'm excited....now I just need some Wii Friends.

I'm not a gamer, I'm a Game-ist

Around the Network

I kinda got an affinity for the Lance. It's slow as heck, and you just defend alot, but the - rush move is fun for clearing out the little jaggies, and it's pretty powerful. The great sword i found just too slow to do anything.

I'm not a gamer, I'm a Game-ist

It took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. I basically went out there and started killing everything.\

I also made the mistake of trying to play with the Wii controller.

The overall look was beautiful. I was a bit surprised that it seemed I could walk through dead created.

As I started playing, I wondered why would I want this game. But the more I played (and died), the more interested I became.

This is going to be good.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Well I was messing around with my Demo of this today and I am not really sure still what to think.. lol I like the idea and It seems like it could be fun, but after 5 tries I still have not done the first hunt successfully. i run out of bullets or my sword keeps losing its dmg. Color me confused o well I will try a little bit more tomorrow. At the moment the game is just pissing me off though.

@Games4Fun, heres a few tips

when your blade(including the hammer) looses damage, use a whetstone. just scroll through you inventory till you find it and use like you would a potion..only it takes longer and leaves you wide open. best use it out of combat.

if your gun runs out of it's currently equiped bullets, switch to a different kind. i dont know what control scheme you use, but if you use the wiimote press up or down on the D-pad.

hope this helps

TX109 said:
@Games4Fun, heres a few tips

when your blade(including the hammer) looses damage, use a whetstone. just scroll through you inventory till you find it and use like you would a potion..only it takes longer and leaves you wide open. best use it out of combat.

if your gun runs out of it's currently equiped bullets, switch to a different kind. i dont know what control scheme you use, but if you use the wiimote press up or down on the D-pad.

hope this helps

O ok I was trying to figue out how to use my potions and stuff with my classic controller. I will try Wii mote plus Nunchuck later thanks