By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Girl mistakes gun for Wii controller - kills herself

Father buys gun to protect family and that same gun kills his daughter. America FTW.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Father buys gun to protect family and that same gun kills his daughter. America FTW.

If a man is protecting his family, he would not leave the thing that protects them out in the open.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Soriku said:

This is terrible...the bad thing is these type of stories can happen all the time...

trashleg said:

lets accept for a second that

- the wiimote DID look like a gun, and
- the little girl had been playing the wii

what the hell is a 3-year-old doing playing violent games? may not sound like much of a big deal, but i'd say that's bad parenting as it is.

lazy-ass parents. no doubt feeling absolutely awful now, but that was such a careless thing.

who lets a baby play with a fucking gun?

This comment, along with this pic, just looks so weird :P

ah, except for the fact that im 21 years old and was engaging in light role-play with a guy who looked like nathan drake and a couple of toy guns. i sure as hell wouldnt let my nieces anywhere near those things.

so glad we're "anti-gun" here. cant imagine the dangers.. *shudders*

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Guns, aren't bad in my eyes. You don't say "Oh that shovel dug a ditch" you say the person who dug the ditch did. The same goes for the person who shoots gun. Guns aren't bad, people are.

PSN ID: KingFate_

semi-automatic weapon on the living room table!!! WTF.

Around the Network
scottie said:
I can think of some better headlines for this news story

Stepfather leaves gun loaded, with safety off and cocked, girl dies due to him.

What the hell does the Wii have to do with this? This was plain and simple manslaughter by the step dad.

blame Wii

Thats awful... Poor family. Not the smartest decision by the dad but its not exactly his fault. My heart goes out to them

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Heres the thing.

Guns are good as they protect us.

Guns are bad as accidents like this happen.

However, my uncle has always had a bunch of guns for hunting and self defense. 4 children grew up in his house. We never saw any of the guns until we were well into our teens. It comes down on the owner to properly take care to make sure accidents do not happen.

This is so sad on so many levels.. Firstly because of the little girl and the family, secondly because it will no doubt be used to pass anti-gun legislation, and thirdly because it obviously puts the establishment technology on a potential good light and therefore helps it.

This is so sad.. and yet I've never seen something so perfectly convenient to nefarious agendas. It's awful. I sure hope for the best.

This is a really sad story,  but this is not Wii fault at all, I mean you leave a gun in your living room, a 3 year old will definitely get curious about this object whether he or she has never seen a wii gun or not. That father should have known better. But I feel sorry for the kid and the family