By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THE most anti-cliactic ending in recent video game history?

MGS4, I was hoping that Snake would die after the Microwave tunnel but no, he had to go and off himself supposidly at the end.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Akvod said:
Heavy Rain

Good thing this isn't the Sony forums. You would be jumped on there.

Not that the other pages don't have their sacred cows, but it's still a wrong mindset.

It was anti-climatic, because I got the "So close..." trophy.

Smeags said:
miz1q2w3e said:
most of the pokemon games, i love them to death but for an RPG a pokemon game's story kinda sucks, especially the anticlamatic endings

Pokemon games end? News to me.

Anywho, I gotta say that Avatar: The Game (the 10 foot tall blue monkey Avatar, not the bald headed wind dude Avatar) had the most anticlimatic ending (the 360/PS3 version by the way). I mean, you fly to a Well of Souls to stop the humans from getting to it first, and as you land you see a Dragon gunship come into view. "Oh crap, time to save... this is gonna be a tough one" I think to myself... and save I do. Takind a deep breath, I enter the arena where the Well of Souls is, ready to battle this massive piece of machinery.

And then a cut scene plays where I enter the sacred area as the gunship crashes (I didn't do anything yet!).

And then the credits role.

Bah! I'm angry just typing about it.

I'm actually surprised you played through Avatar: The Game... there got to be better games for you to play!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

i haven't reached the ending. It's been on the shelf for a while, but i wouldn't have expected much more from it.

Fallout 3. bleh! Great game but the ending blew. Then I hear you have to play one of the expansions for a better ending. Boo!

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network
saicho said:

I'm actually surprised you played through Avatar: The Game... there got to be better games for you to play!

Haha, actually I played both versions (The PS3/360 version and Wii/PSP version are two different games) and they were both pretty mediocre for different reasons.

But what can I say? The universe is awesome (and Zoe Saldana is drop dead gorgeous)... so I had to take a risk. Turns out it wasn't worth it (shocker).

Pitfall on the Atari 2600, you got done with 300 levels and. . . you start over!

LOTR The Third Age - the final battle was pathetically easy and an absurd concept; it really reminded me of Simon's Quest in that regard.

But that anti-climactic ending really just capped off a game whose story went from being very interesting and creative in the first half of the game, to incredibly predictable and meh in the second half.

Half life 2 and Risen come to mind, fantastic games mind you. The conduit is average all the way through not just the ending so i won't even compare to the other 2. Silent Hill shattered memories is an example of a good ending with a twist .

Soriku said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Soriku said:
miz1q2w3e said:
most of the pokemon games, i love them to death but for an RPG a pokemon game's story kinda sucks, especially the anticlamatic endings

another example is also an RPG, ToS:DotNW. this game had a great story in my opinion but the ending was also kind of a letdown, especially compared to the great main story.

I guess you didn't get the good ending?

what do you mean?

btw i just wanna say upfront that i have a horrible memory (seriously), soo...

anyway, what i remember was *SPOILER* Emil fighting in the end with his other self (ratatosk) then merging together with him, then he and Marta were standing at this bridge place and that was it. I think the credits rolled after that *END SPOILER*

wasn't that it??

You should rewatch the good ending on YouTube...it's not that anticlimatic :P

it's funny how a person's memmory works, after watching it i DID remember how cool of an ending it actually was :p

i had actually forgot all about the bad ending completely! and that bridge thing with Marta actually happened BEFORE the final dongeon! it's been so long since i beat that game lol no wonder im completely scrambled

i can't beleive i forgot about the ending! it was so emotional and moving, i remember being releived when Emil wasn't actually in Ratatosk mode when he faught Marta+Lloyd. he actcally wanted to sacrifice himself to prevent the world from being destroyed, it was so sad when Richter sacrificed himself in order to keep the "Ginnungagap" (lol) closed. really nice ending actually

now i can't wait for Tales of Graces! >_< i can't beleive that game hasn't come over yet!! :(