By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - website request (important)

So I was looking through some 360 titles and noticed viva pinata got a big boost in europeon sales, as well as titles like forza and marvel, I assume it is through the bundles. I think this site should track bundled sales in a more specific way, perhaps some kind of black bar that overlaps the different territories to show the ratio of bundle vs normal sale. Apply this to titles like wii sports as well. Any way to specify the number of BUNDLE vs normal would be great though, many people I debate with (myself included) do not consider bundled sales to be impressive modifiers to how well a game has actually sold, so to be a reliable sales data site I think this is needed.  

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

Nice request.

Does no one care to see real sales data or what?

I like it more like it is now your way is to complicated.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

it's too complicated to specify what is actually selling versus what is being given away?

You have a simple mind.

Around the Network

thats a good idea,but i dont mind bundles

hey golden...don't you think that calling your thread "Important" might be the reason this thread died. You assume too much.

You revive your own thread...and insult the lot of us for not caring. Then when someone says they don't like your idea you call them stupid.

I'm not sure this will end well for you.

I think it's important and anyone with half a brain would as well. It's good that vgcharts tries to keep track of bundles as well as so few places do, however, combining them as 'sales' kind of ruins a lot of the point. If you bundle 10 games you suddenly have 10 multi million sellers and it lobb sides the discussions a lot. I've already seen people cite 360 at '28' million sellers even though marvel hasn't officially hit that figure yet (even though it might if ioi ever adds euro data)

It's fine to consider bundled titles relevant, but when viva pinata (more or less a commercial failure) jumps from 450k to near 900k, it would be nice for people to know what is in fact a consumer walks into store with intent to buy viva pinata sale, vs consumer ripped viva pinata out of box and sold to ebgames sale.

I think a reliable sales site needs to detail things of this nature, vgcharts is getting better in a lot of ways, but I can't say, yeah, viva pinata sold 1 million copies with an honest face. Yet I want to know what it sold for real and I can't anymore.

I'm not saying remove them from the million seller list, but to specify in some way what was a bundle sale and what wasn't, it just seems like an obvious move, if you disagree, you're wrong, there is no harm in doing so but a lot of harm in not.

I don't mind bundles...it's physical software being sold at the company's loss to the consumer...

You don't have to play Wii Sports or Forza, but you own it, and I would like to know how people own a certain game.

It would be nice to know how many of said games are bundled vs. nonbundled, but it doesn't make a big difference to me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

it's mostly a debate thing more so then anything for me personally ben, if im having a debate (and I often do) it often times includes game sales. So im talking to one person and they say wii has this much, but then we debate if wii sports or wii play should be counted, then I say 360 did this much, but then they cite how viva pinata, marvel and forza 2 suddenly doubles in sales within a month and I can't include them anymore.

Also I personally don't consider slapping 2 free games in a box a 'sale' if it hasnt increased in price, it's ok to include it as such if you wish, but it would be nice to at least have a number saying how many of those 'sales' are bundles JUST for debates sake.

Like if I want to say 360 has 30 million sellers, I would have to remove viva pinata and marvel from that according to vgcharts non bundled sales, it just would be nice if he did this before it becomes too complex.