By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

More like:

1 M. Webber 202.0
2 F. Alonso 191.0
3 L. Hamilton 182.0
4 S. Vettel 181.0
5 J. Button 177.0

It's moronic the animadversion the English press has to Alonso, the same that it's moronic with the Spanish press with Hamilton. Both are great drivers, with their ins and outs. It seems that Alonso has the upper hand now, with two wins in a row, but as this year has shown, it could turn upside down at the very next race.

Around the Network

Alonso fifty points in the last two races, Hamilton zero points. Ah, I love poetic justice. 

Unless the engine cap turns out to be a real issue the championship is his now, no team can beat Ferrari's end season sprints to the top.

P.S. - Kubica is indeed a very good pilot, right up there with Alonso and Rosberg. If he was at RBR this year the championship would have been won like five races ago.

haxxiy said:

Alonso fifty points in the last two races, Hamilton zero points. Ah, I love poetic justice. 

Unless the engine cap turns out to be a real issue the championship is his now, no team can beat Ferrari's end season sprints to the top.

P.S. - Kubica is indeed a very good pilot. If he was at RBR this year the championship would have been won like five races ago.

I dont know he would be champion, but certainly he is probably a better driver than Vettel, he makes far less mistakes and is much more level headed.

Well, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel (with a pretty off season, but undoubtedly very talented) and Kubica are indeed the 4 best pilots there are now, that's pretty much beyond discussion, no one else is up to their level, the other pilots can be good with a combination of good car and good luck, but when it's pilot vs pilot, these are the ones that shine over the rest. I'd like to see Sutil with a better car, I think he could be an excellent driver if his car was a bit quicker

Oh dear indeed. McLaren are still off the pace from Ferrari and Red Bull. McLaren need at least three wins to guarantee them a victory, it is feasible in my opinion however it is unlikely. I still believe that Jenson Button can secure another race win this year (perhaps at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix). 

This is my prediction for the last four races:

Japanese Grand Prix

Winner: Lewis Hamilton

Runner-up: Jenson Button

Korean Grand Prix

Winner: Sebastian Vettel

Runner-up: Fernando Alonso

Brazilian Grand Prix

Winner: Felipe Massa

Runner-up: Mark Webber

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Winner: Jenson Button

Runner-up: Lewis Hamilton

Around the Network

Japan and Brazil seems to be very pro-Red Bull. Long fast corners where they produce very high downforce. McLaren shouldn't get an 1-2 in Japan unless there is a catastrophe.

Kynes said:

Japan and Brazil seems to be very pro-Red Bull. Long fast corners where they produce very high downforce. McLaren shouldn't get an 1-2 in Japan unless there is a catastrophe.

Of course, though there are some long straights where McLaren flourish. This is why I think McLaren will dominate at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, due to the high quantity of straights.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Kynes said:

Of course, though there are some long straights where McLaren flourish. This is why I think McLaren will dominate at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, due to the high quantity of straights.

Then why do you predict an 1-2 in Japan?

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Japanese Grand Prix

Kynes said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Kynes said:

Then why do you predict an 1-2 in Japan?

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Japanese Grand Prix

Red Bull generally have bad starts, and have not secured race wins or runner-up in some of their most suited races. McLaren are faced with some long straights (as said before). You are probably right though, as long as Red Bull do not gain Pole Position. 

Red Bull isn't the same anymore without the flexi wing, losing even this weekend in the track in theory was set to be dominated by them by the largest margin. McLaren should run close to the Ferraris in Suzuka but that will be their best track out from the remaining ones. They'll be demolished at Interlagos' bumpy surface.

I can see it is sad for some to accept Ferrari and Alonso will take this year. You can't hate him for capitalizing on his opponents' inability to handle a single overtake without crashing.

If you aren't convinced yet because of the remaining engines issue, do not forget that Ferrari could still find a way around it pretty easily:

"Felipe, Fernando would benefit from a safety car, confirm you understand"