By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My two cents about Final Fantasy XIII(X360) NO SPOILERS!!

So I got texted today that I could pick FFXIII up and I have been playing for 3.5 hours for the people that are going to buy this for the X360 you might want to know these things!

Q: How long does it take for FFXIII to install?

A: All three discs take around 15-25 min total to install(for some odd reason disc 3 takes the longest).

Q: How are the loading times WITH install?

A: When you start a new game there is a loading of 2 seconds! Other then that there are no load times, when the game switches from game to cutscene there is around 0.5-1 sec loading time.

Q: Is there loading time for when you enter combat?

A: Nope!

Q: How many achievements are there?

A: There 35 achievements in total, more then half is secret though.

Q: I only bought an Xbox to play Halo and chainsaw people in Gears, will I like FFXIII?

A: I personally hate JRPGs this gen, I found the games cliché and boring. My little brother is into them though so I tried playing them aswell. I disliked Unfinite undiscovery, Last Remnant, Star Ocean etc. however if you can enjoy Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey you will enjoy FFXIII.

Q: What do you get anything special in the retail version of FFXIII?

A: Yes! You get a product registration card for the Square Enix upcoming community site. You can create an account on the Square Enix site(depending on where you live the site is different) with the product registration card you can add FFXIII to your profile so others can see that you own the game! I think the site isn't up yet though.

Q: Several sites told me FFXIII looks shit on X360 and that it should burn and die, is this true?

A: If you do not own a PS3 and a Full HDtv you should ignore these sites, once you play the game you get sucked into it, the visuals are gorgeous and trust me when your playing it you will not care and you will be too busy playing!

Q: Are there things you dislike of FFXIII so far?

A: Yes it is going to own my sleep for the next week Q_Q

Just my two cents! I hope everyone will enjoy this masterpiece!

Around the Network

Glad your enjoying it so far!

Great post.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Getting it on Tuesday!

The 4 year wait is coming to an end.

Huya said:

So I got texted today that I could pick FFXIII up and I have been playing for 3.5 hours for the people that are going to buy this for the X360 you might want to know these things!

Q: How long does it take for FFXIII to install?

A: All three discs take around 15-25 min total to install(for some odd reason disc 3 takes the longest).

Disk 1 and Disk 2 contain 5.8GB of data. Disk 3 is 6.8GB.

Around the Network

thanks for the info and have fun

Glad to see a non-bias opinion from this game on Xbox 360! Now I'm glad I'm getting the 360 bundle with it!

Sorry if this is not the thread to say this but if someones still is not sure what version to pick up (and owns both HD consoles), the PS3 version does not install and has the same loading times as the one mentioned above for the X360.

Either way you'll enjoy this brilliant game

@Cthulhu

The PS3 version is the one to get but not because of load times. FFXIII is like many 360 titles. For some games installing it you HDD doesn't improve load times on the 360.

Lucky you have the game already