By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First year anniversary for the Wii... What's in store for us?

It's been a year since the Wii was introduced in North America.  Do you guys think that Nintendo will surprise us with something today?

I have a feeling we're getting a system update and the My Nintendo channel today.  Anyone else think we'll be surprised or will it just be another day like any other?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

I'm guessing it'll be a day like any other...they did just release that new Mii channel the other week anyway...

We'll probably get a message from Nintendo on the Wii though.

Oh I know! Hard drives are already secretly shipped, go for sale tomorrow, and come with a SSBB demo pre-installed! Yes, I'm sure of it now.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

and they are on sale now. sega saturn ftw

I just want some free Wii Points. Is that so much to ask?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
I just want some free Wii Points. Is that so much to ask?

Actually think they really should do this.  Give out enough points for people to buy a $5 game or so.  Would get folks to go buy classic controllers and may entice them into purchasing future VC games.  All in all they don't lose money by making it available for download and very likely increase their VC customers by quite a bit.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

i've had a wii for 13 hours :) OMG OMG

Ari_Gold said:
i've had a wii for 13 hours :) OMG OMG

Wow, I've had my Wii 664.61 times longer than you!...and that ratio is shrinking fast =P

PS - Thats 8,640 hours (there abouts).

To Each Man, Responsibility

Yep and I'll be celebrating my 1 yr anniversary with it as well. Yay getting it launch day.

Any surprises from Nintendo? Probably not. But I think getting galaxy earlier last week was a gift in itself.

Surprise from Nintendo: Alright, we're leaving the console business just like half the analysts and quite a few fanboys online said we should. Been a good year though.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I'm going to get SMG on December 8th

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"