By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Team Has 'No Idea' What Next Project Will Be

Sony has made it very clear that God of War III is the end of the Kratos' story, althought it is not the end of the franchise. Some might think they're being coy and a new God of War title being put in the pipeline as we speak, but God of War III Senior Producer Steve Caterson says differently.

“Not to sound like a broken record, but we're constantly pushing themselves, so no matter what our next product is and no matter what genre it is, we'll strive to make it the best of the best,” said Caterson.

When pressed about not knowing what product would be next, Caterson responded, “I have no idea! I just finished three years of my life on God of War III and seven years on the God of War series - I have kids younger than that! We're excited to work on large projects but it's not a decision that's made flippantly and we're going to take our time with it. The only game I had the chance to play through the past few years was Dead Space; there are other games that have released that I want to have a chance to sit down and have those experiences! Actually playing some of those great games out there and seeing what other developers are doing… I'm looking for to it – that's the best part of finishing a game!”

When asked if Sony Santa Monica's next project still could be a God of War title, he responded, "Well, God of War III is the end of the trilogy. We didn't leave you on a cliffhanger but I think it's not the end of the franchise. I'm looking forward to do something different if we can. It also might be nice to return to the franchise if we can and bring all that knowledge back from wherever we go. Anything's possible. It's premature to say what it might be, since I don't even know what I'll be doing next week!"

Stay tuned for the full interview with Caterson on IndustryGamers.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/god-of-war-iii-team-has-no-idea-what-next-project-will-be/

Around the Network

Maybe they could work on a Heavenly Sword sequel.

@Lastgengamer

Hell no - Its not commercially viable and will not be epic as GoW. I don't wanna see Santa Monica Studio degrade. They should work on a new IP, create a game or 2 within 3, 4 years and bring GoW back for the PS4, but based on Norse/Egyptian mythology with a dude similar to Kratos (keep the same voice) with different coloured tattoos...

maybe they can make a game with other cultural mythology. Chinese or Egyptian?

actually that isn't a bad idea.. sony owns HEAVENLY SWORD.. might as well make a sequel...

mM
Around the Network

Heavenly Sword 2

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

prince of persia should have been santa monica's IP :(

imagine the possibilities

You know what would be really cool? An Action/Adventure based on the Norse Mythology!!!!!!! THAT WOULD KICK ASS! So many possibilities

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Let them make Heavenly sword 2!!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:

You know what would be really cool? An Action/Adventure based on the Norse Mythology!!!!!!! THAT WOULD KICK ASS! So many possibilities

Wasn't that Too Human? Ew