By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII Comparison

Digital Foundrys FF13 comparison, 360 does not fair well at all, glad i went with PS3 as it was shipped before this article came out. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Interesting...

so the performance difference has more to do with inept SE programmers than hardware limitations... i.e. very lazy port.

As generally happens with bad ports this gen.

So the 360 version was a sloppy port.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

My biggest gripe with the 360 version is that the characters' hair (which doesn't look good on PS3 to begin with) is even more grainy do to the lowered resolution. It's quite ugly :/

Yeah it really is just a bad port, possibly they just didnt have the time to do it properly without delaying the release of the western version.

Sorry as an owner of both consoles id rather it come out now than wait for parity in the port.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@rainbird

read the article and it says that SE screwed up there, they dealt with it in totally the wrong way.

Yeah, I know. Well, at least PS3 users can be certain the 360 version didn't hamper the PS3 one now, lol.

the in-game graphics look pretty much the same to me, but that lowered CG quality sure is a problem in my opinion

there are many very nice looking CGs in the game (I'm ~35h into the jpn version), but with those blocking issues they probably aren't as enjoyable..

Lafiel said:
the in-game graphics look pretty much the same to me, but that lowered CG quality sure is a problem in my opinion

there are many very nice looking CGs in the game (I'm ~35h into the jpn version), but with those blocking issues they probably aren't as enjoyable..

The resolution has been lowered by a third. Depending on how big a screen you are, the 360 will have a blurrier image and more jaggies. It's not very noticable if you're just sitting at a 20" computer monitor.

Well here is PS3's payback for Bayonetta... if they only took the time to develop properly...

EDIT: Saw the videos, it's pretty noticable even from such a low bitrate, quiete huge difference in quality.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

@ Rainbird)

well, I do notice jaggies playing it on my PS3 in 1080p (which the game luckily supports) and I saw the image is a little bit blurrier on the 360 side and the jaggies a bit more pronounced, but you probably won't notice that if you only play the 360 version/ don't see both versions side-by-side .. the difference is minimal in my opinion

the blocking of the video however is a big issue from my perspective (as a movie lover)