By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII Comparison

perpride said:
The article is so full of ish!!!

If the 360 version is inferior then why is it rated higher on metacritic??? :O

hehe:p just like peggle is vastly superior on the ps3 compared to 360 and pc according to metacritic:P

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
perpride said:

I am curious to know if the 360 version is being reviewed separately or if reviewers are simply cutting and pasting the PS3 ones.

The reviews I've read mention both versions and seem to take the view that while the 360 version looks a little worse it doesn't affect gameplay and therefore they don't seem to be marking down on this point.  From what I've seen it's not like 360 has much worse fps or anything, just that it doesn't look as nice.  Depending on your view that doesn't merit a markdown or it does I guess.

I think this is always a tough call.  If I only look at 360 version isolated I wouldn't mark it down because the gameplay is fine, but knowing the PS3 version is better visually does bring in a point of difference.  I guess in the end my view is if you only have 360 then you should view it the same (this is what I do if I buy a game on PS3 that plays the same as 360 but maybe isn't quite as nice graphically) but if you have both systems then you should see the 360 as a point or so behind in comparison to the other version you can equally buy.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=102957

kowenicki said:
perpride said:

I am curious to know if the 360 version is being reviewed separately or if reviewers are simply cutting and pasting the PS3 ones.

Well I'll tell you one thing. I read the Gamesradar review for PS3 (perfect score). Then I was going to read the 360 version (also perfect) but stopped after I realized the first three paragraphs were identical. So yeah, copy and paste sounds about right.

If it helps at all, I have both versions right now. At some point next week, after the official NA release, I'll post a video of myself playing both on the same TV. That will deffinitley answer some questions for me, and hopefully put some minds here at VGC to rest too.