By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jaffe thinks Sony should sue Microsoft over Scrap Metal!

Personally I always thought that the "twisted" in "Twisted Metal" had nothing to do with being a description of the metal itself, but rather a description of the characters driving the vehicles... kinda like "psychotic," rather than "scrap." Really, the entire theme behind twisted metal was pretty much the same as in Death Race 2000 (or the new Death Race even). Psychopaths behind vehicles for the entertainment of masses watching them duel it out in a tournament.. if anything the people who own Death Race should sue Sony!

Around the Network
Uberkiffer said:
Personally I always thought that the "twisted" in "Twisted Metal" had nothing to do with being a description of the metal itself, but rather a description of the characters driving the vehicles... kinda like "psychotic," rather than "scrap." Really, the entire theme behind twisted metal was pretty much the same as in Death Race 2000 (or the new Death Race even). Psychopaths behind vehicles for the entertainment of masses watching them duel it out in a tournament.. if anything the people who own Death Race should sue Sony!

Same here honetsly.  Heck I didn't even think Metal had anything to do with actual metal being twisted but more the game being in a "metal" personality.

Really Jaffe is just blowing smoke... i can't believe people are silly enough to defend him when Sony wouldn't even begin to have case... I mean how many knockoffs have we seen that have been even similiar?  Come on.

Bamboleo said:
War of the Gods = God of War? It's the same?

Jeff:

Big Time sucks you = You suck big time

So you're saying Soviet Russia is involved in this?

This is worse than I thought.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Okay, busted out the thesarus. Scrap is not a synonym for Metal. Blammo. Fools. Here's what some research can do for you guys.

Twisted:

Synonyms: warped, perverse, sick, perverted, abnormal
Synonyms: misshapen, distorted, warped, bent, deformed, out of shape, awry

Scrap:

(as a NOUN)
Synonyms: piece, bit, fragment, slip, wisp, particle, crumb, morsel
Synonyms: argument, scuffle, fight, tussle, row, clash, fracas, brawl, punch-up, disagreement
(as a VERB)
Synonyms: cancel, abandon, get rid of, ditch, do away with, give up, write off, bin
Synonyms: argue, fight, scuffle, tussle, spar, wrestle, clash, brawl, come to blows

Don't believe me? Ask the googles.. the googles knows alls

Synonyms: misshapen, distorted, warped, bent, deformed, out of shape, awry
You need to place things in context. Those synonym you just gave fits perfectly the definition of scrap metal. Like a welder said previously a misshapen,warped, bent, deformed or out of shape metal is a scrap metal. So yes its a synonym of scrap metal, not of the scrap word by itself.

Your really funny, defending Jaffe lol, I dont even know this guy other than that he created twisted metal. Its my own opinion, Scrap metal is a lame name. It would be hard to win that in a case court because im not sure it will really affect Sony in anyway, but still the name suck. For agressive people that didnt get it, that was my main opinion.

Around the Network

Although War of the Gods doesn't deserve to get sued over, Scrap Metal is obviously a cheap rip-off of Twisted Metal, do developers have any humility anymore. Dante's Inferno, Scrap Metal, Countless WWII games and I'm sure there are more to come, have developers really gone dry of original ideas or are they just trying to piss us off.

Kasz216 said:
Uberkiffer said:

Same here honetsly.  Heck I didn't even think Metal had anything to do with actual metal being twisted but more the game being in a "metal" personality.

Really Jaffe is just blowing smoke... i can't believe people are silly enough to defend him when Sony wouldn't even begin to have case... I mean how many knockoffs have we seen that have been even similiar?  Come on.

I always thought it was a play on words. twisted metal because its about the destruction of cars and the stories are twisted.

letsdance said:

I always thought it was a play on words. twisted metal because its about the destruction of cars and the stories are twisted.

Same here!