By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain or Silent Hill : Shattered Memories? (spoilers probobly)

Heavy Rain or Silent Hill : Shattered Memories? (spoilers probobly)

Heavy Rain 29 35.37%

Silent Hill : Shattered Memories 49 59.76%

I can't decide between the two 4 4.88%

Total:82
Pyramid Head said:
^^^

some parts i wished id have a redo as id hit the wrong button sometimes

quite a few parts actually, also sometiems youd be looking at what the choices were to say or something, but theyd all disappear cus yout took too long

sorta dumb

It doesn't help that the choices fly around the characters head which could cover up or jumble together and you can't read it lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

^^^

was rough playing on my buddys tiny tv

im gonna replay it on my giant samsung should be easier to read

but yeh should be an option to have time stop during choices, like a message speed type thing in old games

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Pyramid Head said:
^^^

was rough playing on my buddys tiny tv

im gonna replay it on my giant samsung should be easier to read

but yeh should be an option to have time stop during choices, like a message speed type thing in old games

To be honest I played it on a 45in HD LCD and it was still hard to read because of the movement, I think it's just a poor design choice.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@maxwell

its shame cus i loved it even with that design choice

but if it was smarter, my first playthrough woulda gone much closer to how i wanted it to go

for example i totally didnt want the drink from the old guy

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Pyramid Head said:
@maxwell

its shame cus i loved it even with that design choice

but if it was smarter, my first playthrough woulda gone much closer to how i wanted it to go

for example i totally didnt want the drink from the old guy

Yeah I just see that as a big design flaw and wondering why I rarely saw anyone bring it up, it doesn't matter if you think the game is amazing and 9 worthy, at least list some constructive criticism so they can improve or patch that shit lol.

Around the Network

@maxwell

i think reviewers as a whole appreciated the breath of fresh air to gaming it was

so they reviewed it high to help it out tbh

maybe not on purpose, but subconciously

@cgi

yeh its fallen apart

though both me and maxwell at least picked shsm, kylie dog picked nothing

CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ So, this thread is no longer about which one people like more I see. -_-

Discussions do happen in opinion threads, when people ask which one you like best, people will provide examples from time to time, its called supporting ideas with evidence man and sometimes you discuss your feelings on those facts... its all on the topic of which one we like best.

CGI-Quality said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ So, this thread is no longer about which one people like more I see. -_-

Discussions do happen in opinion threads, when people ask which one you like best, people will provide examples from time to time, its called supporting ideas with evidence man and sometimes you discuss your feelings on those facts... its all on the topic of which one we like best.

Lol...... I know. I just really want to see what people like more. It doesn't bother me either way though, look at the two games mentioned then look at my sig!

Well they're both kinda niche amongst the core crowd, sometimes people wouldn't have played both (have you even played Shattered Memories yet?  last time I remember you saying you haven't lol you were playing homecoming)

@cgi

origins was lame on the psp screen to me, too tiny for such a gritty game

get it on ps2