By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain or Silent Hill : Shattered Memories? (spoilers probobly)

Heavy Rain or Silent Hill : Shattered Memories? (spoilers probobly)

Heavy Rain 29 35.37%

Silent Hill : Shattered Memories 49 59.76%

I can't decide between the two 4 4.88%

Total:82

origins was pretty good btw

not to fly off topic

but yeh origins had some interesting scenes for sure

but if you go splinter cell like and turn off your light, you basically are never attacked

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

you know I just started playin silent hill 3 since I always loved resident evil and survival horrors and btw they are not linear but i wanted to know kyliedog what you think of re5 cuz even though I still like it compare to other resident evil its terrible linear no backtraking barely any puzzle and the craziest thing no typewriter

sorry for not answering the question

@MKs44

silent hill 3 was an amazing game

it was also basically linear

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

one thing Im kinda enjoyin so far is that compare to resident evil silent hill is really story driven and mysterious I love resident evil but I gotta say the story is somewhat too predictable

^^^

silent hill 3 beats any resident evil story wise

(though so do every silent hill)

basically i envy the fact that youhavent played these games yet

Around the Network

yeah but the thing is that if you love RE you pretty much dont care about the story is all about the way the game plays but I heard that from one of my friend that if i like this silent hill dosent mean I would like the whole franchise since theres to much difference between each one of them

is that right

im just a hater cus way back i thought the first one ripped off alone in the dark a bit

then i just thought it was cheesey compared to things like system shock 2

then when silent hill came out i felt it was surpassed

so i never had that innocent time to just stumble into the game and forgive its flaws

@MKs44

i would disagree look at it this way

1,2,3, and origins are all pretty similar play wise

5 is similar but much harder combat, 4 is similar but has a really cool fps hub world

sh sm is the peak of the series, and much more like heavy rain then RE for example

but yeh if you like 3, its not like you'll hate the rest (maybe 5 for difficulty, and 4 for the unkillable ghosts, or sh sm if you are not open minded)

heavy rain,,,the only silent hill i liked was silent hill 2.the rest are just ok imo.

@kylie

attacks?