By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Toys 'R ' Us Sunday Wii MADNESS

i just got back from toysrus, the sale just started today and already most of the good games are completely sold out. There was so many people in the Wii section when i was there while the other sections were mostly empty.

One worker there said that the next mario galaxy shipment won't come for almost a month, which is insane.

I can't seem to find Contra 4 for DS ANYWHERE, it was supposed to come out the 13th and nobody at any of the stores in my area even know that the game exists. It must be released because there are so many people on GAF playing it right now.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
When did the new boxes containing protective sleeves start appearing in the market? That points to either Nintendo or TRU stockpiling indeed.

Maybe Bod can enlighten us.

Excellent point. Excellent.

Not only did we recieve 100% Wiis with protective sleeves today, it's been nearly a month since we got our last Wii that did not have a protective sleeve. Which is to say -- within a week of Nintendo's announcement about the sleeves, all of the Wiis we recieved had the sleeves in them, which suggests the turnaround was instantaneous and there was absolutely no stockpiling done by TRU. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Whoa, thats a pretty impressive sale.

I didn't think two for one would cause such an explosion to be honest.

Hey Bod, the person to the left of me checking out today had a no sleeve box, and on my right was a sleeve box. So there appeared to be some of both in the stack of Wii's sold at my local TRU. Wonder if they had just been enroute?

Also how many of the other systems (Ps2, Ps3, 360) did you sell today? I saw very few people picking anything up except Wii games, and it was a lot of them. Some groups of 3, lots of groups of 6's and a few 9's here and there. Took me an hour and 45 minutes to check out.

I bet you are tired :)  

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Rath said:
Whoa, thats a pretty impressive sale.

I didn't think two for one would cause such an explosion to be honest.

In the Sunday paper there is a TRU pullout with this sale and nothing else on the front cover. I'm guessing this went out to every major paper in the country.

Around the Network

the only question I want to ask is how do they make profit by giving games away like that.

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

mancandy said:
I got into TRU at around 2. I was able to pick up Super Paper Mario, MOH2 and Zack & Wiki. They were pretty much cleaned out of the other good titles.

Unfortunately, Zac&Wiki was one of the games that they still had plenty of at TRU so it was sorta disappointing that not many people were picking it up.

dspartan2000 said:
the only question I want to ask is how do they make profit by giving games away like that.

People buy other stuff once they get to the store. That's why Black Friday exists. Retailers are just expanding the time frame of Black Friday this year to cover several weeks, although the best deals are still on Black Friday.

If the best deals are yet come, I can't wait to see this one topped.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
dspartan2000 said:

If you sell people stuff they come back, espiecally consoles.